Monday, March 14, 2016

This Week on the Dining Table

It's the "You Really Need All This Food?" Edition......


This is what College Boy "insisted" on taking back to school with him(well except for the baking trays and that pen).  All this extra food plus the case of water I dropped off in his room when I went to pick him up a week ago and 2 containers of peanut butter cookies and assorted sodas.....and the Easter candy I gave him before he left so I didn't have to mail it in a week's time.

This is the boy who we are paying for a full meal plan for as well, at the school!
He only has 6 weeks left until the semester ends.  I would have hated to see what he felt he needed if he had had to slog it out longer than that. lolz

I am just enjoying the relative peace and quiet reigning in the house now that he is safely ensconced back at school.  8-)


Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned last week.......

1. Sunday--Roasted Chicken, Stuffing, Deviled Eggs and Roasted Carrots and Cauliflower
2. Monday--CB's Birthday Meal out
3. Tuesday--Philly Cheese Steaks(I'll have Halushki), leftover Veggies
4. Wednesday--White Chicken Chili, Biscuits, Salad
5. Thursday--Tacos or Taco Salads
6. Friday--Crab Cakes and Shrimp, Coleslaw, Steak Fries or add to leftover Roasted Potatoes(for Hubs and CB)
7. Saturday--Leftovers or Take-out


And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Roasted Chicken, Stuffing, Deviled Eggs and Roasted Carrots and Cauliflower
2. Monday--Subway Sandwiches
3. Tuesday--CB's Birthday Meal out
4. Wednesday--CB made Tacos, I had Leftover Halushki
5. Thursday--Fend For Yourself(I had a spinach and cheese Hot Pocket, Hubs had leftover Lasagna, CB had Tacos, I think?)
6. Friday--Crab Cakes and Shrimp, Coleslaw, Leftover Roasted Potatoes(for Hubs and CB)
7. Saturday--Philly Cheese Steaks

5 meals cooked at home.
3 new meals and 2 nights of leftovers in some form or another and 2 nights of Take-Out/Eating Out.


As for my grocery spending......3 tiny  trips that came to $19.47 combined and a larger shop at Weis which was $64.65, making my weekly total $84.12.
I have spent $181.41 in all for March so far.
Between $68.59 and $118.59 of the potential $250-$300 March food budget left to spend with 17 days left in the month.

Leftovers going into this week......Halushki, Assorted Veggies, Breaded Fish, Taco filling(CB made this), Coleslaw, and Roasted Chicken meat.
I'll make Chicken soup from the leftover chicken and throw some of the leftover roasted veggies into that.  Fish will become a fish sandwich for 1 lunch.


Here is this week's "food plan"--

1. Sunday--Corned Beef, Cabbage/Halushki, Carrots
2. Monday--Tuna Casserole, Caesar Salad
3. Tuesday--Beef Bourguignon
4. Wednesday--BLT Sandwiches Tacos using leftover taco meat
5. Thursday---Salmon or Cod, Brussels Sprouts
6. Friday--Kielbasa on Rolls w/Onions, Corn
7. Saturday--Leftovers

This week will see 6 new meals cooked and 1 meal of leftovers(re-purposed into new dishes or not) and 0 meals Out.

What I need to buy for this menu?  Nothing at all. I bought the corned beef, mushrooms, cabbage, tomatoes last week.  Roast, tuna, bacon, fish and kielbasa are in the freezer or pantry, as are bread products, noodles and veggies.  I am going to try to NOT go to the grocery store this week.
Yah....famous last words. lolz


What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. I was kind of laughing when I read the beginnings of your post. It is much nicer to be able to take things from the parents house than to buy it for yourself. Especially since grocery stores near college campuses tend to jack the prices up quite a bit.

    Son3 was here for 4 days of his spring break. Since he flies back and forth his packing space is limited, but he brought his largest suitcase (almost empty) so he could take food back with him. Who knew 8 ounce blocks of cheese from Aldi could be so exciting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was always sending boxrs of food back-even when he wad in the dorm. Took a break on late gyro, burrito, and pizza runs.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.