* After hearing of another big aftershock earlier today in northern Japan, I am thinking what Dim Bulbs in charge in our country thought it was a GOOD IDEA to build not One but TWO, count 'em TWO nuclear reactors on Fault Lines???
Yes, California has two plants built along the San Andreas Fault....
Not only that but there is another reactor just outside of the Metro NYC area(Indian Point Station), 24 miles from Manhattan. The population density within 50 miles of that plant is so dense that should it meltdown the vast majority of people would have no hope of evacuating in time. Screw a survival kit and iodine pills, kiss your ass goodbye. ;-)
* If you have ever watched the tv show "Third Rock From the Sun", tell me it's not just my imagination, but that French Stewart(the actor who plays Harry Solomon)never opens his eyes! Please tell me this was part of his interpretation of the character and that the man is capable of opening his eyes. This seriously bothers me every time I watch an episode. Yes, I need a life.lol
* The last time I left the house 3 days ago, gas was $3.49 a gallon. I went out to run errands today and it's $3.72! Holy Crap!! We'll be hitting the $4 mark before Memorial Day at this rate.
* Look at the bright side of the government possibly shutting down due to lack of money. At least when they aren't open for business as usual, they can do no harm. Much like the Oath Doctors take, "First, do no harm.". I think Congress should have to take a similar oath.....and be prosecuted if they violate it....or at least just send them home and strip them of their job. Call it downsizing, yah, that's it..... ;-)
* At the Bakery/Bread Outlet today, they were very low on product. And some items I usually buy were not available as they were cleaned out! And some items they had raised the prices on so my OOP was higher for basically the same stuff I always buy. I think more people around here are frequenting the outlet and not paying the high grocery store prices for bread anymore like me.
* I have noticed that items are going up in price....that's nothing new right? But these escalating prices are just so much more noticeable to me than say in 2010. I think most companies can't just shrink the product sizes and keep the same prices anymore like they use to do.....they are having to actually raise prices on these shrunken products. And it's not just a few cents to a nickel anymore. Items are going up every week so if I don't go to the store for a week, the products are blatantly higher in price to my discerning eye. And my Price Book prices are having to be adjusted up....ACK!
* And I still see very few people when I am in line at the register using coupons here! How can these people(who I just KNOW for the most part are in worse financial shape than we are since the median income in my area is way lower than what we make), how can they afford to pay these prices on non-sale item goods w/out even a coupon used either?
Plus the ready-made food the markets sell seem to be doing a box office business! I see lots of deli meats and cheese and deli salads, etc. and hot baked chickens, sides going out the grocery store's door when I'm there. What a waste of money that stuff is...... How hard is it to put a chicken in a crockpot before you leave for work in the morning? Just that tiny bit of planning would save you from overspending on a $12 tiny baked roaster at the market. No wonder people spend $800 or more a month on their food budgets!
* Some days I think people should have to get a license to have and raise a child! I won't go into why I believe this would be a good thing but after my conversation with someone today I'll just say it's worth investigating the possiblities. lol
So what weird or wise things are on your mind today?