Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Income & Spending.....the June Edition

Now that we are living on an annuity, 401K$ withdrawals, personal savings and social security payments, I am still going to keep track of our monthly spending and income, and hopefully we'll still be able to live BELOW our means and I'll have some leftover monies each month to tuck aside.

We went into retirement in June of 2017 with no debt, no mortgage nor a car payment.

I am trying to be as transparent as I can with how much is coming in and how much is going out. 8-)


On to the June report--

I have 2 goals for June.....

The 1st is to actually finish the month in the black and not the red.

The 2nd is to try to have a little cash leftover at the end of the previous month to tuck back into a slush fund.  This slush fund may be applied toward unforeseen bills that are coming due in subsequent months, to spend on "extras/wants" during the year or to just sit there and grow until the end of 2024.

*  I do not include/report on our retirement accounts here, just the non-retirement ones.

I'm happy to report that we finished up June in the black.

The amount extra we ended the month of June with?....$2,579.89

Income or Funds We Can Access

The "income" in June---

*  Monthly annuity payment of $2,530.11

*  SS income of $3,828.70

*  Interest earned on non-retirement accounts of $1,078.07

*  Savings Bonds Cash out & NCL Refund of $635.23

*  Stock Dividend of $19.95

Total "Income" for June....$8,092.06


Expenses in June---

*  Irregular bills in June were $3,570.72

*  Variable expenses in June came to $1,234.02

*  Medical Premiums in June were $707.43

Total Expenses....$5,512.17

$8,092.06-$5,512.17=$2,579.89

Slush Fund coming into June of $62,687.88 and the addition of $2,579.89 in June, our end of June 2024 Slush fund comes to $65,267.77

The Slush Fund, on it's own page(tab at the top of the blog), shows an addition of $2,579.89.

Outgo

As for the variable expenses this June, here are the good and bad side of things.....

Here are the GOOD THINGS

*  The cellphone bill was $173.86 less than in May.(Remember we were in Europe last month so cell usage was higher there.)
*  The WAM was the same as the previous month.
*  My Amazon card was $69.46 less than in May.
*  The Joint Mastercard was $32.64 less than last month.

HERE are the BAD THINGS

*  The Water bill was $1.25 more than May.
*  The electric bill was $71.09 more than the previous month(hello, 90F and 100F days).
*  Hubs Amazon bill was $38.13 more than in May.
*  The Aviator M/C bill was $595.64 more than the previous month(most probably charges from the cruise ports and my car work).
*  We had 3 irregular bills in June--
  *  The BOA c/c was $250.(It's our deposit for the Alaska cruise.)
  *  We had to buy house skirting to replace what this manufactured home came with.  $2,177.55 and that's just the materials, not the labor. ugh
  *  The Quarterly Long Term Care Premiums came to $1,143.17  ouch

The Food Budget costs for June are in another post HERE.  Food costs are included in the credit card payments(mainly but sometimes our WAM cash too).

FINAL THOUGHTS for June 2024---We stayed within our means for the month.  Even with three irregular bills(one small/two LARGE!)we came out ahead.  Two large irregular bills added up to $3,320.72.  blech  WE had to have 1 tire sensor replaced on my car which is on one of the credit cards.  Overall it was a good money month.

GOING FORWARD INTO JULY 2024--

We have a big irregular bill due, the payment for the cruise.  And Hubs may have the dogs groomed while I am in Virginia which comes to about $120.  And the handyman may be installing the new  house skirting.

Luckily we have a Quarterly 401K withdrawal hitting our bank account in July and that will cover the cost of the cruise, the skirting andmaybe a bit more. rah.



Here's hoping 2024 treats us all even better financially! 8-))

So how was your June financially?
Did you spend less than the income you had in June?
Did you stay within your budget or not?
What did you do with any money leftover at the end of the month?
Did you pay down/off any debts or put extra toward your mortgage principle or into savings, in an emergency fund or retirement account?
Or did you blow all your excess monies after bills were paid on a "want"?

If you post your financial progress on your own blog, leave a link in the comments so we can  go check out your progress too and celebrate or commiserate with you!

Sluggy




4 comments:

  1. My wants are small but I did spend a lot of money on one girl and our trips to Sephora and Ulta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After my car trouble at my Gulf conference, and two subsequent major $$$$$ repairs since the conference in the last couple of weeks, after the one minor repair did not fix it (it is a 2021 Toyota Corolla with 128,000 on it bc of work travel. I bought it slightly used at end of 2021 with only 20,000 miles and I have had difficulties since.) I bought a new 2024 Toyota Corolla hybrid that gets 50 mpg. Yes , I have a large runon sentence.
    I am passing the used one to one of my sons, although I consider it to be a true lemon. We just drive cars until they completely quit bc my two older sons can work on cars but the newer ones are different and require specialized equipment. So far my kids have a 2006 and a 2007 and a 2011, all with over 200,000 miles still working. I just can’t keep breaking down in the boonies. Hopefully kid and his brothers can keep it running. I refuse to trade cars in because I feel like you don’t get your money’s worth, although with this lemon I almost broke my rule. Kid wanted it though and the bros said they were all up for a challenge to keep it going. We generally only completely get rid of a vehicle when we hit a deer. $$$$$ ($26,000 including tax, and tag) spent on new car but whatever. I am saving five bucks a day on gas with this hybrid and that surprised me since most of my driving is on rural two lane highways. Sorry if I sound kinda pissy. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same as always here other than the purchase of a chain saw. We have a tree and some giant limbs down. The county is picking up storm debris for free next week so we’re cutting and dragging this mess to the front yard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We live below our means also. My husband's medical bills are trickling in and I'm SO thankful for good insurance that has a 500 deductible and 4000 maximum out of pocket. I haven't added it all up yet but so far this year tests and the surgery have totaled way over 300,000.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.