Monday, November 12, 2018

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Introducing the Corn w/a Penis" Edition.........



This ear of corn was one from a bag bought this Summer for roasting on the grill.  Imagine my surprise when I shucked it and found another baby corn inside.  

Of course everyone remarked that it looked like that ear of corn had a penis. lolz


Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

This is what was planned--

1. Sunday--Chicken Marsala, Rice 
2. Monday--Meatloaf, Baked Potato, Salad
3. Tuesday--Beef Goulash w/Sweet Taters, Noodles
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--Roast Chicken, Veggie TBD
6. Friday--Fish, Cole slaw, Broccoli, Fries
7. Saturday--Chili w/Beans, Cornbread

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Chicken Marsala, Rice 
2. Monday--Meatloaf, Baked Potato, Salad
3. Tuesday--Fish, Cole slaw, Scalloped Potatoes
4. Wednesday--Burgers, Salad
5. Thursday--Chinese take-out(Hubs was away)
6. Friday--Beef Goulash w/Sweet Taters, Noodles
7. Saturday--Roast Chicken, Stuffing, Leftover taters, Harvard Beets

Last week saw 6 nights of home cooked dinners, 0 nights of leftovers/fend for yourself, 1 nights of Eating Out.  Lots of cooking went on last week. 8-)  The Chili didn't happen and moves to this week.

 A flurry of grocery shopping at Aldi's, Dollar Tree, Ollie's and Price Chopper brought the weekly food spending to $106.77 and brought the November monthly total to $210.95 so far.

I have 18 days left in my shopping month for November.

My savings percentage last week was 51.45%(without Rite-Aid trips)and November's monthly savings total comes to 50.57%(w/out R-A)so far.

Leftovers going into this week......1 helping fajitas filling, some chicken Marsala and sauce, meatloaf, rice, goulash, noodles, scallope potatoes, roast chicken, Harvard beets and stuffing. Monday will be leftover night this week and will reduce the number of leftovers a bit.  Hubs will probably polish off the rest for lunches. ;-)

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--Chili w/Beans, Cornbread
2. Monday--Leftovers
3. Tuesday--Sausage, Pierogi, Cabbage
4. Wednesday--Spaghetti, Meatballs, Salad
5. Thursday--Chicken Enchiladas, Rice, Beans
6. Friday--Leftovers of Fend for Yourself
7. Saturday--Homemade Pizza, Salad

This week will see 5 new meals cooked, 2 night of leftovers/FFY, 0 nights of Take-Out/Eating Out.

What needs buying for this menu? Cabbage and Salad Greens basically.  Pierogi, meatballs, sausages and ground beef for chili are all in the freezer and the leftover roasted chicken goes into the enchiladas(and I have leftover sauce from last week).  We are clearing some stuff out to make room for a turkey I need to bring home.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week? 


Sluggy  

5 comments:

  1. TheHub is out of town through Wednesday, so this is a no meals type of week. The family starts coming in Thursday and then wedding festivities kick in. I have no idea what I am going to feed them since I am still cleaning and haven't figured out any menu or shopping list yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That corn looks awfully happy to see you ;)

    Sunday I put half a pork loin in the crockpot, then made some with BBQ sauce and some with gravy.
    Monday my daughter made her almost famous pretzel chicken (uses crushed up pretzels instead of bread crumbs) with a garlic lemon butter sauce, omg its really good.
    Tuesday is a busy day, but I think we have time for tacos
    Wednesday chicken broccoli alfredo
    Thursday copycat KFC popcorn chicken bowl
    Friday leftovers
    Saturday probably pizza

    I have no clue what we ate last week. Nobody starved but I'm having a hard time shaking this bronchitis. My meal plans seem a little ambitious for this week, but it looks good on paper

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.