Monday, November 19, 2018

This Week on the Dining Table

The "What Passes for a High School Education Around Here" Edition.........


Hubs and I went up to Bob's for lunch last Tuesday while we were out shopping at Target.  I snapped this pic of their sign.  Sigh......
I am trying to believe this was put up this way because the store only had one "N" in their signage letter box. lolz



Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

This is what was planned--

1. Sunday--Chili w/Beans, Cornbread
2. Monday--Leftovers
3. Tuesday--Sausage, Pierogi, Cabbage
4. Wednesday--Spaghetti, Meatballs, Salad
5. Thursday--Chicken Enchiladas, Rice, Beans
6. Friday--Leftovers of Fend for Yourself
7. Saturday--Homemade Pizza, Salad

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Chili w/Beans, Cornbread
2. Monday--Leftovers
3. Tuesday--Sausage, Pierogi, Cabbage
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--I don't remember but it was prolly Leftovers lolz
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Stouffer's Lasagna, Garlic Bread, Salad

Last week saw  nights of home cooked dinners,  nights of leftovers/fend for yourself, 0 nights of Eating Out.  Lots of cooking went on last week. 8-)  The enchiladas spaghetti w/balls didn't happen and they move to this week.

 A flurry of grocery shopping at Target($0), a small Bread Outlet shop($3) and two shops at Weis($52.04 and $54.84) brought the weekly food spending to $109.88 and brought the November monthly total to $320.83 so far.

I have 11 days left in my shopping month for November.

My savings percentage last week was 68.89%(without Rite-Aid trips)and November's monthly savings total comes to 58.87%(w/out R-A)so far.  Last week's great deals gave my savings rate a hefty boost for the month. 8-)

Leftovers going into this week..... goulash, noodles, roast chicken, chili and lasagna.

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--Apricot glazed Pork Chops, Hawaiian rolls, 2 kinds of tossed Salads, homemade mac and cheese
2. Monday--Leftovers
3. Tuesday--Chicken Enchiladas, Rice, Beans
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--Turkey, Stuffing, Green Bean Casserole, Lula rolls, Sweet Potatoes, Mashed Potatoes, Glazed Carrots, Cranberry "glop", Pie
6. Friday--Leftovers or Fend for Yourself
7. Saturday--Leftovers or Fend for Yourself

This week will see 3 new meals cooked, 4 nights of leftovers/FFY, 0 nights of Take-Out/Eating Out.
The leftover chicken will make an appearance in a small pan of enchiladas(which will also use up my leftover enchilada sauce).  We also have leftovers from Sunday's big meal and after Thanksgiving we'll have enough more leftovers so only 3 days of cooking for me this week....woohoo!

What needs buying for this menu? Nothing really as I have everything I could need here already.  Got the turkey on Friday plus a huge Stouffer's lasagna(the lasagna was free after coupon and points used, and the Butterball turkey was $6.04 after rebate and points used).  I still have enough points to get three more items for free or greatly reduced price with Weis points but the problem is I don't have room in the fridge or freezers for them! Oh dear......whatever will I do?! ;-)

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week? 


Sluggy  

4 comments:

  1. I really have not been home much in the last few weeks. It's been leftovers, cleaning out the pantry. Last week I was in Chicago, and this week, I'm at my cousin's and then to Big Bear. But next week, I will get back in the groove of working a meal plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am calling last week a win. I substituted tacos for pork hash with fried eggs, and then bumped the tacos to Friday since we had no leftovers! Stunning, I know.

    Sunday we had pizza. Monday broccoli cheese soup and tuna noodle casserole. Its cold, rainy blah so major comfort food is necessary. Tuesday, pork something. Wednesday, steakumms. Thursday we will have dinner at my dads. I am taking sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole and rolls. Friday I work 10-6 but we have a Pot Luck and they are also buying us chicken nugget and fruit trays from Chick-fila. Im thinking of just picking up a box of Munchkins since I go right past Dunkin. Not sure what everyone at home will eat. Saturday ?? Beats me. Not sure if I work Sunday but if I don't that will be our turkey dinner with all the fixings. Husband still gets a free turkey from work, which is nice. My dad will join us for our dinner also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, just wanted to tell you, I loved this article. It was funny.

    Keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure, we will say there was only one "N". I stocked up this week. Halloween candy id finally 90% off. I bought 25 bags. They were 39¢-49¢ each. Some will become gifts. Some went to the stash. I got 2 more turkeys for 39¢ a pound. Sweet potatoes were 37¢ a pound. Plus other great prices. Then I used coupons and Ibotta to do even better. 2 bags of tide pods free with coupons.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.