Tuesday, January 9, 2018

To-Do List.....December Update


Here's the December To-Do List and the outcome for the month......

*  Pay Bills  DONE  Everything paid and early or on time.

*  Read 1, 2, 3 Books  DONE

This book was very good.  Lots of often overlooked and obscure stories about US history.  I learned much.....mostly that Thomas Edison was a colossal asshole! lolz


This one seemed promising at first but then it turned into a snoozefest.  There were nuggets in there but you had to mine them.  It was mostly about the growth of the animal rights/laws movement.  Like I said, zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. 
The best thing was the cover art. *snort*


This one was a short read and I was able to fit it in under the December 31st wire.  I think it's a YA fiction...if not, it should be.  Some lightweight reading worth a look.




*  Sell Stuff  DONE





I sold 5 items on eBay.  Profit after fees/shipping/cost of goods was $300+/-.  Woohoo!!
I didn't get around to using the local FB yardsale site to sell locally in December.

*  Write Xmas Cards  DONE  26 cards were written.

*  Mail Xmas Cards  DONE  26 cards were mailed out, 2 inside of packages/24 separately in envelopes.

*  Ship 2 Xmas Presents  DONE  Since eldest was home for Christmas I didn't have to mail his, only my brother and his wife's gifts and 1 package to a friend. 8-)

*  Hold Giveaway 1, 2  DONE  A December box was offered up......


......as well as a restaurant gift card 



*  Mail Giveaway 1, 2  DONE  Both mailed out and both received.

*  Load to Sallies(Salvation Army)  FAIL  Just didn't get my act together and get the stuff into the trunk of the car and have Hubs do it.  Too much other stuff going on around here and then it got too cold/bad weather so not worth driving there.  It will go up at some point in January and this is staying on the To-Do List for now.

*  Bring CB and his stuff Home   DONE  Hubs got home from the rescue mission and the next day I drove him in a snowstorm up to U-Haul to rent another cargo van. Hubs, College Boy and all his crap got back late that afternoon/early evening.  We shouldn't be having to rent trucks again until we move away from PA but that's at least 1.5 years off in the future.

*  Go to Dr. Appt. 1, 2  DONE  Got those visits marked off during the first week of December.  My weight continues to go down and I got off 1 more medication. rah!  Now I am on semi-annual check-ins with these two docs.

*  Decorate the Tree, House   DONE  


The extent of inside decorating this year was putting the tree up, hanging up the Xmas cards we received in the kitchen window and putting a garland strand on the stair railing.  One of our numerous nativity sets did NOT get put out once CB brought home his ceramic class projects and they were deposited on the top of my new dining room buffet. sigh.




*  Wrap all Presents  DONE  Most were wrapped before CB came home for Thanksgiving.  Last minute gifties were wrapped and bowed a good week before Xmas day, but not put under the tree as Chester was too interesting in them.  Many lost bows to Chester once they hit the floor. lolz

*  Fill Stockings  DONE  I had to get a stocking for Chester(since Daughter's dog has a stocking too)so I picked one up at the Dollar Tree.  Next year, if I get ambitious, I'll use glue and glitter and write his name on it.
Santa was very good to everyone as this photo attests.



*  Work on 2018 Goals  DONE  Goals were worked on but not finished.  This week is all about finalizing those.

*  Work on 2018 Budget  DONE  Hubs and I had a money meeting and came to some agreement on some of the budget.  The man doesn't want to be pinned down or commit to an itemized list of spending so I can only do so much on the budget. *sigh*  

How did your December goals turn out?

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. My theory is that there has to be X amount of weight on the planet so if someone loses, someone else has to gain. I am glad you are shrinking and can get off some meds, but please lose it in another direction because I am such an excellent finder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at what you accomplished, you are my hero. Your husband and I are very much alike. I think I will go get a boaters hat to wear.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.