Monday, July 31, 2017

This Week on the Dining Table

The  "Eating on the Road 2.0" Edition--

It's been a real mixed bag of meals this week.  From home cooking 4 times(steak twice, Reuben sandwiches and a cowboy dinner)to two restaurant meals to fast food once.  Above is my plate at the B&B cowboy dinner cooked in a cast iron dutch oven. I also got a rib & a biscuit after this shot was taken.
So glad we could eat "real cooking" and not just take-out/eating out all week!

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned last week--

1. Sunday--a Cowboy Supper
2. Monday--No Dinner
3. Tuesday--No clue
4. Wednesday--Probably home cooking but not sure
5. Thursday--Ditto
6. Friday--Might take everyone out?
7. Saturday--No clue

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--a Cowboy Supper
2. Monday--Taco John(a quesadilla)
3. Tuesday--Corn Chowder, Fish Fillets, Baked Potato, Mixed Veggies
4. Wednesday--Steak, Corn on Cob, Fruit Salad
5. Thursday--Dinner Buffet in Nevada
6. Friday--Steak, Cantaloupe, Broccoli
7. Saturday--Reuben Sandwiches, Cole slaw, Homemade Pie and Ice Cream

Last week saw 4 nights of home cooked dinners, 0 nights of leftovers and 3 nights of Take-Out/Eating Out and all of it was done while on the road.

I made 0 trips to the Weis Markets or any other store at home but I did browse through a Winco in Idaho and a Shopko in Utah and bought some drinks for the road and a bag of candy(for a gifty).  Oh, we also bought some items in a Mexican market which I'll blog about when I get home.

My savings percentages last week and for the month so-far?    No clue. 8-)))

Leftovers going into this week........again, no clue.  We don't have leftovers while traveling, we just have to dump or leave what we don't finish.


Here is this week's "food plan"....not that I am cooking any of it anyway. lol......


1. Sunday--an Elk Burger w/Fries
2. Monday--Home cooked meal by Kim's sister?
3. Tuesday--Effie Tavern burger(split 4 ways probably-I hear they are massive!)
4. Wednesday--Something on the road-Montana
5. Thursday--Ditto-Wyoming
6. Friday--Ditto-Wyoming
7. Saturday--Ditto-South Dakota


This week will see 1 new meal cooked, 0 nights of leftovers and 6 nights of Take-Out/Eating-Out.

What I need to buy for this menu?  Daughter will be grocery shopping for the next few weeks so it's not in my hands again this week.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?


Sluggy

1 comment:

  1. Cherries are $1.28!!!! Your cowboy dinner looks great. I cooked the same thing in a cast iron Dutch over until I got a crockpot.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.