Monday, October 13, 2014

This Week on the Dining Table

The "My Week was All About the Shopping " Edition---

Not much got done around here last week except lots of little shopping trips to grocery stores and Rite-Aid.
So here is a picture of a cute pony from last October......standing in the road, in front of our car......

I bet he wants something to eat as a toll to get where we want to go.
 

Onward to the meal planning!

What was planned last week--
1.  Lamb chops(freezer), steamed cabbage
2.  Rigatoni w/meat sauce(leftover), tossed salad(put my tomatoes in this)
3.  Meatloaf, butternut squash(use my tomatoes in sauce for the meatloaf)
4.  BLT sandwiches(have all ingredients-use my tomatoes)
5.  Pork Chops, Red Cabbage w/Apples
6.  Chili(leftover) over Rice
7.  New Leftovers

 
And this is what actually happened--
1.  Lamb chops(freezer), steamed cabbage
2.  Rigatoni w/meat sauce(leftover), tossed salad(put my tomatoes in this)
3.  Leftovers-Hubs had lamb chop/cabbage and I had a hot dog & a salad
4.  BLT sandwiches(have all ingredients-use my tomatoes)
5.  Leftovers-Hubs had rigatoni, I had chicken marsala
6.  Chili(leftover) over Rice
7.  Chicken Marsala, Corn casserole
  
The plan was kept to pretty much, except we had more leftovers than I thought, and I made the Chicken Marsala instead of pork chop and meatloaf didn't happen.  Those 2 meals move to this week's menu.
    
Last week I made trips to 4 different markets and spent $96.58 on $210.50 worth of groceries and did 3 transactions at Rite-Aid where I spent $1.04 total there for the week.
$154.90 down and $145.10 left in my October food budget with 18 days left in the month.

Going into this week, in leftovers we have.........chili and a small meatloaf I baked off last week.

Here is the plan for this week.........

1.  Eating Out
2.  Eating Out
3.  Eating Out
4.  Eating Out
5.  Chili
6.  Meatloaf, butternut squash(use my tomatoes in sauce for the meatloaf)
7.  Pork Chops, Red Cabbage w/Apples

Obviously we won't be home to eat for a few days.

Food Waste--nothing.

What I need to buy this week.......nothing really as the 3 meals planned are premade or we already have the ingredients at home.
There are a few items on special this week I want to pick up--cantaloupe and salmon.  That's about it.
   
What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?
Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten that week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?
How much did you spend on food so far in September?
 

Sluggy

7 comments:

  1. Could you please come for a visit and get my food bill under control? No wait, the food bill is ok(maybe a bit high) but its the alcohol bill that's the problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not even going to try to get your booze bill down......that's a Sisyphean feat!

      Delete
  2. Not to be off topic BUT what happened to the pony? Was he lost? Did you stop to take care of him/her? Didn't you think it strange? Or is this a pony you know? Also, did you pay him the toll? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pony is fine. He's a wild pony on Assateague Island in MD.
      Don't feed those ponies....

      Delete
  3. Pumpkins! They are $1.99 at Aldi's, so I got one for my enjoyment and later the hens will be able to peck it. I may just make a face with markers and hope the ink does not poison the hens. These pumpkins are huge, not just the little ones. The one I got weighs about 30 lbs according to the guy that lifted it.

    What is happening that eating out is planned for four days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are away but don't tell anyone.... ;-)

      Delete
    2. Mum's the word since you have never told anyone anything like that.

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.