Thursday, October 30, 2014

Sluggy's Road Trip Part 9......IL Conclusion

Before I finish with our adventures let's back up a bit so I can show you this short video I took at the pie shop at the beginning of our day.
I completely forgot about it until a little while ago........



Now to continue........
So after hitting the Thrift store, we had more stops before ending our adventures.

Next up Robin drove us here......



Yes, don't be shocked but we went to a wine bar.......


Adult Slurpees?
Yes please!
 


 
 

A classy joint this......



Why they ever let a couple of winos like me and Pam is beyond me! lol



Even old Abe gets into the act.  Personally I think he would have been a much better president if he had drunk more.......


Robin acting silly.
Relax she was the designated driver.....


Wine as far as the eye could see.


And we each walked out with a bottle of this one......


Caramel Apple Wine

I want to know why alcoholic grapes cost more than alcoholic apples?
Wine has gotten crazy expensive!
I'll stick to hard cider for most of my buzzes.....easier on the pocket. ;-)

With a wine buzz it was off to see a disaster site in.......Ok, guess the name of the town?


Of course this disaster happened 109 years ago.....


We are use to coal mine disasters around here in Pennsylvania. 
There really wasn't much to see as the access road to the mine was blocked off, so we drove on.
Besides it was too hot outside the car to go schlepping through the flora and fauna.

Then we went to another town, to see the water tower shaped like a "flying saucer"......



And then to see another sight, though this one wasn't on Roadside America......


This one is not on the books.....yet. lol


Here are some close-ups of those headstones......




And sitting right in the front yard of this house is this........a nekkid lady mannequin in a bathtub with a chain around her neck(the chain is because people kept stealing her).........


Words just fail me.......



Then we were off to Pam's house since I have never been there before.  She has a cute house and she's remodeled it so nicely to fit her lifestyle.

Pam has a great garden out back too........
 

She spends a lot of time out here working on it when she's not volunteering at the local animal shelter.
And she spends a lot of time out here relaxing and enjoying the fruits of her efforts too.
Maybe she'll come work in my yard some day......yah, I can dream, right? lolz



This is a little fairy garden she composed......


And I got to meet a few of her cat babies.
This is Karma Kitty.......she's quite old and ill, the poor thing.....


This is the baby of the family Cleo-catra.......


Pam also has a black and white cat named Gabby Gert but she wouldn't come out of the basement for but a minute and I didn't get a shot of her.

I am patting myself on the back for remembering the names of her babies because I am usually so bad with names.....but that's with people......lol

Then we were off to dinner.  The place Robin wanted to take me was closed on Tuesdays so we ended up going to Pisa, Italy!




Ok I lied.
We didn't go to Italy.
But we did go to Verucchi's Ristorante.........


They are a landmark around here and have been for the last 100 years!
There are Battista and Mama Verucchi with Pam......


I had Chicken Marsala....or was it Chicken Piccata?
Whichever it was, it was without pasta(my request)and delizioso.


Pam and Robin got something called "Italian Fried Chicken"......???

Family Style Chicken is something that is very popular around here.....every restaurant seems to serve it.  They tried to explain it to me but I was just real dense that day.   It just sounded like half a fried chicken to me. lolz

Anyway, dinner was lovely and I had great company for it!

Then we drove back to the hotel.
Don't you love this carved bench outside the front door of the hotel?


If you can't make out the photo, the "legs" are hollow logs with bear rear ends sitting out of them. lolz

We chatted in the room and visited some more.
Robin saw this sight out the room window at the McDonald's across the parking lot........


A farmer getting Mickey D's at the drive-thru window while hauling hay.
Now that's something I NEVER see at home at my McDonald's! lolz

Then we went down to the pool and I swam a bit while Pam and Robin watched me.
Next time ladies you are all getting in the water.........

It was getting late and Robin had to work the next day so my friends bid me farewell and we parted.
It was a fun day ladies and maybe we can do it again, hopefully when you both come visit ME!  8-)

Sluggy
 

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE her backyard. Hmmmmm, maybe she can rework my backyard and Mark can fix the inside of my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of road trips coming up, I don't do as good of a job of documenting as you do

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great trip. I love all the pictures! YAY!
    (BTW, if you haven't seen my NEW new blog, click my name! Or, http://www.jgmurphy.org/wp.)

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pie, wine slurpees, Italian food - all the necessities of life! I'm moving there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! NOW I know what to do with Meri's old bath tub!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.