Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mmmmmm.....Bacon! + Price Chopper=Love

Well the Couponing Powers-That-Be heard my whining last week about the price of bacon and the lack of any deals for said porcine goodness.

Price Chopper and Hormel have come to my rescue!!  *see Sluggy bat her eyelashes furtively at her heroes*

I don't have a picture but yesterday after hitting up Rite-Aids I cruised into Price Chopper to start the ball rolling, er, I mean the Cat rolling.
I bought 4 packages of Hormel bacon and half a dozen fresh bagels.
Not only is the bacon part of the Cat deal but did I mention it's on sale for BOGO?
So 4 packages of bacon was $10.98(reg. price $5.49)after the sale.  Unfortunately there are NO Hormel bacon coupons currently....*sniff*.
The bagels are on sale Buy 3, Get 3 free this week so my bagels cost $1.99 for 6.
Grand Total for my 1st transaction at PC was $12.97.  For this transaction the bagels cost me $.33 each and the bacon was $2.75 a package.  Even at that price it was pretty darn good.....but now it would get much MUCH better!


Because the machine spit out a precious $7 OYNO Cat Q for buying that bacon.
Yay!

So I cruised over to Price Chopper this afternoon to roll it....

Transaction #1
4 x Hormel Bacon on sale BOGO=$10.98
1 x 6 Bagels on sale 1/2 price=$1.99
2 x Grands! Biscuits on sale $2=$4.00
SubTotal....$16.97

Coupons Used
2 x $1/1 Instant Store Q on the Grands!=$2.00
1 x $7 OYNO Cat Q=$7.00
Coupon Total....$9.00

$16.97-$9.00=$7.97 OOP
And I received another $7 OYNO Cat Q.


Transaction #2

4 x Hormel Bacon on sale BOGO=$10.98
6 x Libby's Veggies on sale $.67=$4.02
SubTotal....$15.00

Coupons Used
2 x $1/3 Libby's Veg. ManuQ=$2.00
1 x $7 OYNO Cat Q=$7.00
Coupon Total....$9.00

$15.00-$9.00=$6.00 OOP
And I received another $7 OYNO Cat Q.

Basically with spending $14.00, the bacon & whack biscuits were $1 a package, the veggies & bagels were $.33 a can/a piece.
Plus I've got the $7 Cat to keep rolling into more cheap bacon. ;-)

But first I need to clean out the freezer a bit so I have a place to put it all.

Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. Isn't it great to score a deal on something that you actually want/need??? So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. truly the porcine gods were smiling on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! We love bacon over here too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. C Goddess--Thanks!
    Between your 'cheezer' and my 'hogger' we could corner the bacon cheeseburger world...lol

    Pretty--Nothing like a smiling hog I say. My chili Qs finally came today so I could return to PC to get bacon AND chili for cheap....but guess who walked right out of the house WITHOUT the Qs!...ARGH!! I hate that...

    McVal--I think bacon loving is mandated by state law where you live....lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK YOU for posting the bacon deal! I totally missed it in the ad and JUST saw it posted on your blog last night! I RAN to Price Chopper today! LOL! I did the deal 4 times and now have 16 packages of bacon in my freezer. And, I still have a $7 OYNO. I could've done this deal ALL DAY! LOL! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Connie--Glad I could help. I also hit Redner's up for the ConAgra and GM Catalina Deals this week, though even with coupons they were alot more out of pocket than the Hormel deal.
    I am up to 22 packs of bacon and 15 cans of chili. I need to go back today and finish my chili coupons and get a little more bacon along the way.lol
    It is/was an amazing deal, wasn't it? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.