Thursday, July 1, 2010

JUNE Budget Results......Food & Toiletries Spending



Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for JUNE 2010.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in June.
These Totals include Food, Toiletries/HBA, Pet Supplies, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods & tax where applicable.We are a family of 5(between 5 & 2 at home this month) & 3 dogs. No kids under 14.

BAKERY OUTLET
OOP $1.99
Value $8.97
Savings  77.81%

BOYER'S(small independent store in neighboring town)
OOP $7.36
Qs/Ads $20.95
Value $28.31
Savings  74%

CARONE'S(small local independent store)
OOP $75.33
Qs/Ads $44.91
Value $120.24
Savings  37.35%

PRODUCE MARKET
OOP  $11.68
Value  $28.37
Savings  58.83%

RITE AID
OOP $39.42 (whole amount put on Rite-Aid Gift Cards)=$.00 actual OOP
Qs/Ads $950.69
Value $990.11
Savings 96.02% before gift cards/ 100% savings after gift cards

WEIS (local chain Grocery store that doesn't take IP Qs in my town)
OOP $76.38
Qs/Ads $121.93
Value $198.31
Savings  61.50%

I don't track CVS's ECBs & Walgreen's RRs. They will be included when used on purchases under "Coupons".   I'll keep track of what rebates are received monthly.  Rebate money/gift cards will be considered 'income' & will go into the Food/Toiletries budget, offsetting the Out of Pocket. Cash will go immediately into the Budget kitty, while Gift Cards will be calculated in when spent.

REBATE CHECKS RECV'D. IN JUNE
Hood Milk....$5.00
Pinecone Research....$3.00
Rite-Aid SCR....$36.00
Subtotal........$44.00

GIFT CARDS and CERTIFICATES
Rite-Aid Allergy SCR $25 Gift Card
Rite-Aid P&G $35 Prepaid Visa Card
Rite-Aid Allergy $20 Gift Certificates x 2=$40
Subtotal....$100.00

TOTAL Value of Cash/Store Checks/Gift Card Rebates Received..$144.00

FREE ITEMS
Dole Free Fruit Cup Packs x 4
Juicy Juice 
Hershey's Chocolate Milk single bottle
McCormick Spice Pack
Pantene Shampoo Samples

COUPONS
$.75/1 Juicy Juice
Various Pantene Coupons(Vocalpoint)

My best 3 Store Savings Totals were from Rite-Aid at 100%, Boyer's  at 77.81% and the Bakery Outlet at 74%.

TOTAL Out of Pocket...............................$172.74
TOTAL Coupons & Store Sales Savings...$1201.57
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased.............$1374.31
TOTAL Savings of..........87.44%

TOTAL of CASH Rebates........................$44.00
TOTAL OOP After  Rebates....................$128.74
TOTAL Savings of..................................89.30%

This closes out the June spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month-
I stayed under my $250 budgeted amount....even before rebates, I was $77.26 under.  I didn't do much stocking up at all.

What's ahead for July 2010.....

The July 2010 Food/Toiletries Budget is set at $200 cash out of pocket since we will only be feeding 3 for the entire month of July.  Depending on how many times I will be feeding the neighborhood kids and the local relatives when they drop by, expenses could change but this should be enough to cover us for July unless I find some great 'stock-up'ortunities.  I reserve the right to go over budget for those..... ;-)

Any rebates received this month will be added to the food budget spending.  I'm hoping this rebate money will cover any stocking up I do so I can stick to that $200 figure.

With half of the year behind us, we have averaged $165.56 per MONTH after rebates on food/toiletries spending for 2010 for a family of 4-5 adults/teens.

How did you do in June with your Food Budget?  Leave a comment or link to your post and let us hear!  By sharing our struggles and efforts we can help each other stick to our budgets and learn to be better guardians of our resources.

Sluggy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.