Monday, February 8, 2010

Price Chopper Grocery Store Catalina Deals Last Week

So how much can you buy at the Grocery Store for $92.32?
Here's what I can buy.....
 

How about some closer photos.....

21 Mac & Cheese
12 Jello
2 Planters Cashews
6 Capri Sun
15 Parmesan Cheese(1 not pictured)
10 Oreos
10 Ritz Toasted Crackers
4 Knorr's Sides
2 Wishbone Dressing
5 Quaker Oats
12 Old El Pas Sides & Seasonings
22 PC Tomato Paste small
14 PC Tomato Paste large
8 PC Pasta
3 Baking Soda
2 Cheez Doodles(1 not pictured)
1 Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream(not pictured)
2 PC Facial Tissue
1 PC Hand Soap
20 Dove Shampoo
15 Wisk Laundry Detergent
1 Dove Men Body Wash
1 Dove Men Soap
7 Dove Deodorant
1 Degree Deodorant
1 Dove Lotion
3 Caress Body Wash
1 Q-Tips
5 Toothpaste(4 Colgate/1 Tom's of Maine)
1 Marcal Paper Towels
4 Marcal Toilet Paper

That's 211 items.
A retail value of $642.22.
A savings of 85.62%.
Plus I ended up with $36 in Catalinas($6 On Your Next Meat Purchase/$30 on Any Purchase) to spend in the coming weeks.
AND...once I buy 5 single serve Mac&Cheese cups(when I find them on sale for .50¢ or less)I can send for the Kraft Back to School $20 Rebate.  I bought the 10 cookies/crackers(oreos & ritz) and 5 beverages(capri sun) in these PC trips for this rebate. 
And I received my FREE OREOS Qs(we got multiple copies of it & I don't know why...did anyone else?) in the mail Saturday morning, so I was able to use them on my last trip to Price Chopper to have an even lower OOP than I had planned.

Price Chopper had 2 Doubler Qs on their ads in the newspaper last week.  I used them on the $2 Marcal Qs so I got the Marcal products for $1.99 a package after sale, Q and doubler.  The rest I used on assorted items in the Catalina deals with higher value coupons.(Dove $1.50 shampoo Qs, Wisk $2 Qs, Ritz $2/2 Qs, etc.)  PC also had a store Q that doubled any Colgate Q in the sales ad.  Unfortunately, Colgate doesn't release high value Qs but my $1/1 Total Toothpaste Q doubled to $2 and the Colgate Tpaste was $2.50 on sale, making it .50¢ after Qs.

Price Chopper also had a store coupon for Facebook fans for $5 off WYB 10 PC/Store Brand items.
I used that Q 5 times....I got tomato paste for .22¢, pasta for .19¢, etc. doing that.

My favorite deal I got was the Quaker Oats.  I found a $3/5 Quaker  Manu Q  in a store sales ad from another store from a couple of weeks ago in my stack of newspapers in the garage.  Quaker oatmeal was on sale for $1.50 a canister.  I bought 5 canisters for $7.50 and using that $3/5 Q AND a Doubler Q I turned my Q into a $6 off Q, making my 5 canisters of Oatmeal cost $1.50 or .30¢ each!


I am proud of myself this time around at Price Chopper too because for the most part I bought things we needed(we had just run out of Parmesan Cheese!).  The pasta, baking soda and tomato paste are things I use alot of, plus toilet paper and laundry detergent is always welcomed here.lol  Most of the Dove will be making a trip to the flea market as we are still stocked to the gills with those items.

So the Price Chopper campaign is complete.
I just loooooove getting great deals, don't you?
Even as old and jaded as I am, I still get a thrill when this coupon obsession pays off.lol

I'm hoping they have another good Catalina Deal around Easter like they did last year, but I'm not holding my breath.lol

Now we open the floor to questions and comments......anyone?

Sluggy

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you did great!!

    I just wanted to point out to any other readers in the Kansas City area (I think there may be others besides me) that this is not the same chain as our Price Chopper stores and don't run the same specials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got my Oreos coupon today. Multiple ones would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie J...you are correct! My PC is the east coast one, not the midwest PC.
    Totally different chains...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome shopping! I have given you a shout out on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you freeze the parm cheese? That is a lot of cheese and I find while we use a lot it does sometimes go bad on us. I would love to stock up on it and freeze some if I could find a great sale price!

    ReplyDelete
  6. KC--Right now the Parmesan cheese canisters are in the garage in the stockpile shelving. It's cold as a witches "you know what" here so basically it IS frozen.lol
    When the weather warms up, I'll put half of what is left then into my root cellar, which is cooler than the garage will be then. If I get to the sell by/use by date whatever is left will be put into the freezer.
    But with making Alfredo sauce on a regular basis, I don't foresee having any of the 15 canisters hanging around long enough to go bad.lol
    From past experience you can freeze any cheese, except for cream cheese, which develops a weird texture I can't get past. Tastes the same, just the texture is changed. The problem with freezing blocks of cheese is that when thawed they crumble if you try to slice or grate it. It's best to shred or slice it BEFORE freezing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, sluggy, I'm green with envy :) You totally rock and then some!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.