Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Almost Shorts Weather in January....Well, Except for the Deluge!

Yesterday was some wild and crazy weather here in northeast PA.
First off, it was unseasonably warm.  Ok, so I won't complain about that much!lol
#2 son had his braces put on his teeth yesterday morning, so we had to be out and about in wind-driven rain most of the day.  As we passed the bank sign on the way to the Orthodontist's office the temp. read 59 degrees...and that was at 9 in the morning!

We ran errands and went to use a free Birthday meal certificate at Red Robin for lunch and then it was off to the Oral Surgeon with #2 son.  He's getting FIVE teeth pulled(including a Wisdom Tooth)on Friday in conjunction with the braces deal, so keep us in your prayers later this week.  I'll be a mess but he'll be fine after the anesthesia and later when the vicodin pills kick in at home afterwards. 


The local streams and creeks were raging yesterday as all the snow pack melted within hours with the warm temperatures.  Add in 2 inches of rain that fell yesterday and now the Susquehanna River is over flood stage.  Roads are closed and people down by the river and nervously watching and waiting for it to crest and recede.
I hope they don't have to put up the Flood Walls on the bridges here.  We need to go back over the river Friday for the Teeth Extractions and swimming across to get there if the bridge is closed would be a tad inconvenient.lol

Here's what I found when we got home yesterday around 3:30pm.

It's my metal swing.  It was on the opposite side of the deck from where it lives.
And here is what it was attached to.....

The metal frame.
It was laying on it's side halfway down the steps to the yard also on the opposite end of the deck from where it lives.  At least daughter righted it and drug it back onto the deck so the doggies can do their business in the yard again.

Today, it's flurry-ing and the temperature is dropping quickly.  We'll be in the teens by tomorrow night.
I'm thankful that it was warmish and that 2 inches of rain was RAIN and not 2 FEET of SNOW!

It's certainly been a weird Winter so far!

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. wow! I hate it when I can hear the wind whistle around the around and hear metal scraping on the deck... UGG! I hope you had help getting the pieces back to where they need to be.
    And I hear you about the teeth! My 15 year old needs some work done this year in that category too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get ready for the freezing cold! We had that exact same weather over the weekend and now it is super cold. It is penetrating the entire house and it isn't letting up.
    And what is it with the kids and their teeth this year! 2010 isn't starting out so great. Please keep me posted(when you get a chance) on how he is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now it's freezing! I liked the warm, wet, blowy slightly better, but yeah, I was putting our shed roof back together last night :) And lots of good thoughts going to your son for his oral surgery/braces. Yeow!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.