Saturday, February 14, 2009

Nothing Says Love like Bacon!


We love us some bacon in my house, nasty old nitrites and all. I used coupons today to save a substantial amount of cash on our food bill.

My local little grocery market ran a special on a certain brand of bacon this week, $1.99 a package. I traded for 20 bacon coupons. The manufacturer published this brand of bacon coupons 2 states over but not here, thus the trading. I crossed my fingers the coupons would arrive before the sale ended tonight.

The coupons arrived yesterday, so I spent Valentine's Day morning up to the market using my coupons to buy TWENTY packages of Bacon. Remember, I said we LOVE us some Bacon. I was Not kidding!

This store doubles coupons up to $1.00 total, so my 55 cent coupons were each worth $1.00 off a package, which was on sale for $1.99 each.

$3.99 bacon x 20=$79.80 reg. retail value.
$1.99 bacon sale price x 20=$39.80 cost.
$1.00 off coupons x 20=$20.00 off.
$39.80-$20.00=$19.80 for 20 packages of bacon....that's 99 cents each.

Savings of $60.00 off of reg. retail price.

Having the freezer stocked with Hog Love=Priceless.

Happy Valentine's Day All!

Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.