Monday, April 1, 2024

This Week on the Dining Table.....the April 1st Edition

The "Grilled Pineapple" Edition.....



This was the best part of our Easter dinner-grilled pineapple!  I cooked a turkey that had been living in the freezer, made stuffing(or dressing with mushrooms and sausage as it was not put in the bird to cook), grilled asparagus and we had gravy if someone wanted it.  Of course, I forgot the deviled eggs I had made early Sunday morning(we ate them later though)and didn't put any cranberry glop in the fridge to chill either(so we didn't have that).
I had bought 2 fresh whole pineapples on sale at Kroger on Friday so I hacked away at those and Hubs fired up the grill and cooked those chunks and semi-rings and we had it for dessert.  I am in love with grilled pineapple and would marry it if I wasn't already married. 8-))

This is day 295 of the new "way of eating".  Down 59 lbs. since the cruise(not counting the 8 I gained on the cruise and then lost again, which would make it 67 lbs.).  
Kicking the weight loss up again with intermittent fasting this week, but no movement of the scale yet(especially after Easter dinner).

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week...........
1. Sunday--Pizza, Salad
2. Monday--BBQ Pork Loin, Assorted Veggie Mix
3. Tuesday--TV Dinners
4. Wednesday--Garlic Shrimp/Veggie Skillet meal
5. Thursday--Chicken Parm, Sweet Potato Fries
6. Friday--Catfish, Cole Slaw, Green Beans
7. Saturday--Steak, Scalloped Potatoes, Veggie TBD

And here's what actually happened......
1. Sunday--Pizza, Salad
2. Monday--BBQ Pork Loin, Assorted Veggie Mix
3. Tuesday--Fried Shrimp, Caesar Salad
4. Wednesday--Cheeseburger(no bun), Sweet Potato Fries
5. Thursday--Chicken Parm, Teriyaki Green Beans
6. Friday--Catfish, Cole Slaw, Green Beans
7. Saturday--Steak, Scalloped Potatoes, Sauted Yellow Squash

The TV Dinners and Garlic Shrimp Skillet Meal didn't happen as I always catch a "deal" at Kroger(clearance type)so that changes up the menu a bit, but everything else was as planned.

What got taken out of the freezer last week...
*  1 Frozen Pizza
*  a bag of Shrimp
*  2 Hamburgers
*  Chicken Parmesan
*  2 Steaks

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  2 lb. Butter

Last week we spent $170.72 on grocery shopping for March.  

Total shopping comes to $914.87 for March.   
There are 0 shopping days left in March.

Rebate monies earned this month so far.....
I've earned $278.04 on Ibotta in March.
I've earned $84.50 on Shopmium in March.
I've earned $24.50 on Alexa app in March.
I've earned $37.25 on Kroger Cash Back in March.
I've earned $33.43 on TaDa in March.
I've earned $0.00 on Checkout51 in March.
I've earned $40.22 on Aisle, etc.
I've earned 35,311 points on Fetch from food shopping in March.
I've earned 6,859 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in March.
I've earned 0 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in March.
I've earned 1,074 Points on My Points in March.

That is $436.19 in rebates(not counting the Kroger Cash Back/Shop Kick/Fetch/Alexa)on $914.87 of grocery spending so in reality it's $478.68 in food spending after the 4 rebate apps I count(the ones that give me cash back, not the ones that I turn the points into gift cards, or Alexa that gives me Amazon credit, and I count when those points are cashed in).  Some of what I spent was for Food Bank donations(I'll start not counting those items in our personal grocery spending going forward into April.)

My savings percentage for the last week was 56.38% and the monthly savings total for March comes in at 45.65% spent so far. 

Leftovers going into this week....pork loin in bbq sauce, steak, scalloped potatoes, yellow squash, teriyaki green beans, chicken parmesan and cole slaw.  I also have a sweet potato I need to use before we leave town.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Roast Turkey w/Gravy, Stuffing, Asparagus, Deviled Eggs, Grilled Pineapple
2. Monday--Salad or Leftovers
3. Tuesday--Wild Rice Soup w/Mushrooms and Asparagus, Garlic Bread
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6. Friday--Whatever needs using up
7. Saturday--No Clue

Trying to use some fresh produce up and trying not to buy any more as our trip is coming up soon.  Shopping from the freezer this week and for Easter dinner last Sunday.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  


Sluggy     

6 comments:

  1. I love pineapple and grilled pineapple sounds delicious. I wonder if pineapple rings from a can would work since I am not strong enough to hack open a pineapple. Well, hands and shoulders don't cooperate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love grilled pineapple too! I went to a Brazilian steakhouse one time, and that got me hooked on grilled pineapple.
    Safe travels, and I hope you have a wonderful time. Where are you going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, I love grilled pineapple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used the last two sweet potatoes from around Thanksgiving in black bean soup. Dave will only willingly eat that once so I made fettuccine Alfredo as another option. His mom randomly gave me two cabbages so I should figure out what to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cole Slaw, Stuffed Cabbage, Cabbage Rolls, my mom loved Cabbage Soup. Make a chopped salad?

      Delete
    2. Dave doesn’t eat cabbage so it will be a lot of something for just me!

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.