Friday, April 5, 2024

Frugal Friday....the April 5th Edition Happy Birthday Hubs!!!

There are very few Frugal wins this week but here goes....

* I already posted about the rebating I did earlier this week but I did some more rebating on Thursday.........

Walmart Haul
4 x Fabuloso
3 x Palmolive
2 x Werther's Caramel Popcorn
1 x Swiffer Duster Kit
1 x Hellman's Mayo
1 x The Good Bean RTE
1 x Dove Deodorant
1 x 12 ct. Cesar dog food
4 x Mateo taco seasoning
1 x Gum dental picks
8 x Clorox Wipes
1 x Gillette razor 1 ct.
1 x pack of Burritos *not pictured*
Total after using a free $25 Gift Card and 1 x $3 Q=$57.28

Kroger Haul
4 x Annie's Mac Cheese clearance=$4.28
2 x Gatorlyte Hydration packets clearance=$7.52
1 x Bachan's Japanese bbq sauce=$8.99
2 x Gatorade Zero tablets clearance=$6.12
3 x Propel Zero tablets clearance=$9.18
4 x Verb Caffeinated bars=$3.75
3 x Cover Girl eyebrow pencils=$6.47
1 x One Touch test strips clearance=$15.48
Total=$61.79

Total Spent for all=$119.07
All Rebates gotten or pending(Alexa, KCB)=$125.75
If all the rebates come through this all is a $6.68 Moneymaker. 8-)

*  I also found some dog treats on clearance........

3 x Dentalife treats on clearance $4.00 each
1 x Ginormous Beggin' Strips on clearance $10.50
Nice.

I also found a 30ct. Claritin in the clearance bin at Kroger for $8.50.  This is regularly $19.99 so I picked it up even though I had no coupons or rebates on it.  Allergy meds for less than half price?  Yes, please!

*  I waited until we had a full load for the dishwasher and the washing machine.  I hung out a few larger items(comforter, sheets, etc.)instead of putting them through the dryer.

*  I had purchased an 8 oz. bag of what I thought was Cashews at Kroger a few weeks ago(they were in the clearance bin).  When I opened them more than half the bag contained Almonds(turns out, though it was labeled "Cashew Crave Mix" the primary ingredient was Almonds, not Cashews).  Now I like Almonds but really, I thought this marketing/labeling was a tad deceptive.  So I found the company's email and told them I wasn't happy with this product, etc.(In a nice tone mind you.)  I got a response quickly and the CS person offered to send me any product they make for free because of my dissatisfaction with what I bought.  So I went on their website and found something else to try and they are sending it to me. The company is family run and located in Texas outside of San Antonio.  I'll let y'all know all about them once the new product arrives and I've tried it.  Hopefully I'll be a fan then.

*  I had some Rxs filled and since I am in the Medicare Part D "Catastrophic Phase"(don't ask if you aren't on Medicare lol)ALL my drugs are free and have been since early March.
(Let's not talk about how much the premium for my Part D is each month.) ;-)

*  We've been eating down the Easter dinner leftovers(plus a few other things).  Need to clear out the fridge before the cruise, so I haven't been buying any fresh produce this past week or any real groceries(maybe some rebating freebie here and there but it's either frozen or shelf stable).

*  The only eating out this week was yesterday to Observe Hubs Birthday.  We opted to do lunch on a Thursday instead of dinner on a Friday(tonight)to avoid all the weekend dining out folks.  While I didn't have any discounts or coupons to use for this Hubs enjoyed himself and I didn't even bitch that he had a beer at the restaurant(when he has plenty of beer at home). lol

A neon sign in Logan's.  I am so tired of "GO" being spelled in the French "GEAUX" everywhere down here. lolz  But the sign combining Geaux and Dos Equis beer was clever. ;-)


*  Oh, I lied.  We did get Whoppers on Whopper Wednesday at BK.  I had enough "crowns"(points)on my account to get a free Whopper and since it was WWed. there was a special of $3 for any Whopper so I used almost all of an old gift card to get Hubs one too.  Nothing spend OOP.

*  I bought Hubs 2 items at Dollar General last Saturday for his birthday(plus the greeting card)and used a $5 off $25 purchase digital Q(I bought some other things too that we needed to get to that $25.  I also purchased him 6 bottles of a wine he likes at Kroger.  The wine was on sale and if you buy at least 6 bottles you get an additional 10% off your purchase.  That's a win-win in my book! 8-)))

I also gave Hubs this Butler's Irish Whiskey Dark Chocolate bar I bought in Ireland last May.  I was hoarding saving it for myself but he is a Whiskey loving guy so I let it go.
His last gift arrived late in the day..........


*  I found money!



I went to our Bougie Dollar General on Saturday to pick up a few things.  I found 4 pennies in the parking lot behind my car.  Then I found another penny in the store on the floor.


I found a penny in the pocket of my coat on Sunday.


I was in our local Walmart on Monday.  I found two pennies in the course of walking around the store.


Then I found a penny by the clearance rack in Kroger.  Score! 8-)

Then I found another penny walking out of a different Kroger on Thursday.
Lately I've been finding pennies everywhere I go.  I think it's a sign from my mom....or people around here just not valuing pennies.  If that's the case, it's really says something about our society.....

Total Found in last Week.... .10¢

Grand Total Found this Year.......$2.79

That's all I got.  

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Sluggy    

5 comments:

  1. Cheers to your hubs! Happy Birthday week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Hubs!
    The $2.12 onion and the $1.92 tomato wiped out any joy or savings when my a2milk was only $4 for a half gallon. I choke when I say 'only' when talking about the price of milk, 'only' $8 for a gallon. Nature Made D3 was $19.99 for a bottle of 250 soft gel, 2000IU. I had a $4 coupon and another $2 Publix Perk off for spending $10. So, only $13.99 for the D3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kroger has No Cow protein bars on sale for less than the Amazon subscribe and save price. I cleared the shelf and plan to check for more by Tuesday. We’ve been invaded by eclipse viewers so probably need to go really early.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your hubby! I got s $3.00 Whopper on Wednesday too. Delicious. Sounds like a good week for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.