Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Calgon, Take Me Away!

You know what I mean, right?  Just the jerks you are forced to deal with on a daily basis out in the real world.  But then there are the online unpleasant people who send you arrogant messages.  

I am a member of Find A Grave and manage virtual cemetery memorials on there, take photos for folks on there who request them and are not in the area to visit a graveyard themselves, etc.
I had someone message me on FAG, a rather unpleasant person with a non de plume for a name(so I don't even know who it really is)telling me I had someone in the wrong cemetery.  I had limited information/records to go on(this person in question has been dead since 1909)and there was no virtual cemetery set up in the proper place(which was an old homestead)so I put him somewhere else for the time being.  Said person was a jerk to me.  The next day someone else messaged me about the same issue but this person used their name and I know is directly connected to both the person in the wrong virtual cemetery AND me!  This person was much more pleasant and we are trying to get photos of the headstones(from her brother who owns the old homestead where three of the family are buried).

Yesterday in Walmart I purchased 4 Take Root Organic branded tomato products.


These all had ShopKick offers when I was in the store.  I did the in store scan kicks but by the time I got home and tried to submit for the Shop Kicks all 4 offers had disappeared from my account!  These offers had no expiration date on Shop Kick.  I heard ShopKick pulled 2 offers on Monday-one for State Fair corn dogs and the other for Hillshire Farms lunchmeat tubs.  Both were moneymaker deals if you scanned in the store and submitted when you got them home.

I can understand them pulling a moneymaker deal(where the kicks where more than the cost of the product in store)but those canned tomato products were NOT moneymaker deals.

I messaged them and of course I didn't think to take a screenshot of my account(never had to do that before)and they wanted one.  I sent photos of the products and my receipt as that is all I had and I inquired why this was happening?  How could they pull an offer if you had it in the store and an hour later it had disappeared so you couldn't get your full Kicks credited to your account?  Of course I got a "canned"(pun intented)response that, "This issue is a rare occurrence."  I call bull sh*t!  Other similar issues happen all the time to people who use Shop Kick!  All you shopkickers out there, let me know if you have had issues with this app.

To add to my aggravation, each can had a peelie coupon attached to the items.

These Qs expired 7/31/24 so they weren't out of date.  But the register refused to accept them.  I called for help and the person had to get her manager to come over and help with this.  The help person tried to tell me you had to buy the item pictured on the Q...no the verbage said ANY Take Root Product and why would the company put a coupon on an item that wasn't applicable to begin with?  Then she gave me the old "the coupon says one coupon per purchase" line saying I'd only be able to use 1 coupon total.  I wish these people who work with checkout registers would be schooled in coupons.  I know physical coupons are going away slowly to be replaced by digital ones, but while old school Qs are still a thing, why don't these employees understand them?

So the manager gave me a song and dance that they aren't allowed to accept Qs that don't scan on their machines.  The problem is the machines too.  And I get not taking a paper Q printed at home sometimes as it's not coded correctly but THESE COUPONS WHERE ON THE PRODUCTS IN THE STORE I WAS PURCHASING!  "Come on man!", as the POTUS would have said in this situation.

So I took photos of it all and wrote to Walmart Corporate with my complaint.  I received an email rather quickly(identifying info has been removed).....

"Hello xxxx,

Thanks for contacting Walmart Customer Relations. My name is Peter and I'll be more than happy to help you today. I understand that you had an unpleasant experience in store as they did not honor one of the coupons in the products you were purchasing as the manager came over but was unable to adj the price or enter the coupon. I completely get how it may be frustrating for you as the coupon was over the items you were just purchasing.

We take incidents like these very seriously, as we strive to provide excellent customer service. I want to assure you that your concerns have been forwarded to the store management team at the Walmart store located at xxxxxxxx, LA. They will review your comments and address the issue accordingly. Typically, you can expect a response within three business days.

We highly appreciate the feedback from our customers as it helps us maintain and improve our excellent customer service. You may receive a short survey via email regarding the service I provided, and I would be grateful for any feedback you can provide regarding my assistance.

Best regards,
Peter
Walmart Customer Care"


Now I don't know if this will actually get me satisfaction but we'll see.  And it's just so aggravating that it seems like every single interaction in a store(and the corporate entity behind it), with a medical professional, a tradesman, etc. is like pulling teeth!  Not leaving the house and dealing with anything sounds really good to me right now. 8-))

Sluggy



7 comments:

  1. I rarely use any physical coupon anymore because of this very issue. I shop at a military commissary that has always had multiple tearpads for sale items. But lately, about half of them won’t scan.
    I don’t like arguing so I’ve pretty much just given up on them.
    I’ve had Ibotta do the same thing as ShopKick just did to you so I don’t use them much anymore either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's wonderful that you take your time and effort to work with find a grave.
    I found my maternal grand parents and several uncles on that Web
    site. If not for the people who took the time to put it together for the Web site, I would never have known where they are buried.
    Some people are just.self aggrandizing ass hats.
    Oo can I say ass hat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally feel your post. I get screamed at almost daily in my job now. I really do try to do my best and I go in at least an hour early to work every single day I am working with zero extra pay and I am Waaaay underpaid as it is bc of budget issues. It is society now. Then the political powers that be try to blame you for the frustration of those who vote them into office and try to make it seem like you are stupid to appease the unhappy voters. I just do my best and let it go. It is the same at work, grocery shopping, medical office, etc. everywhere. Society really took a hit during Covid but I really think the internet has made anonymous nastiness ok and it has bled over into in person nastiness. Hugs. I know I am emotionally exhausted by the time I get home from work. There are a lot of mentally disturbed individuals out there. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  4. The worst part is people will blame the problem on you. No, I did nothing wrong, just tried to use a coupon. I tried to get an appointment. Someone else is following the rules, yet somehow, the fault like at the feet of everyone except the entity denying services.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely hear you. Yesterday I spent ALL morning on the phone trying to sort out some car insurance. at the end of January we sold the vehicle, I cancelled the policy and we were reimbursed $48. That should have been the end of it.
    Yesterday, by chance I noticed a substantial amount had been aded to my card. I investigated and lo and behold I had been charged for a years insurance on a car I no longer own!!!!!
    I was on the phone, mostly on hold for three hours, Talked to four different people as my problem was escalated up the ladder. At no time did anyone apologise for their company creating this issue.
    Customer service in a polite, efficient manner is very rare these days, and on the odd occasion I get it, I always make a point of thanking the person that gave it to me.
    Maria from Omaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. funny your statement of all anonymous commentors will be deleted and there are 3 on this post... I guess you actually know the person posting... but can I bring it up to mgt. of this ... SMILE I HATE all coupons, just mark the price down instead of wasting paper, time and being a pain in the REAR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know....but I keep getting so many "Anonymous" comments so I publish some, but not the trolls and haters. Don't need that in my life, ya know? I enjoy the shopping and most coupons are digital now so not wasting paper, just my time when the companies' stuff doesn't work. lol

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.