Monday, May 13, 2019

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Broccoli  Boy" Edition....


Ok, so I had lots of broccoli stems leftover after I chopped up the heads to put into my Veggie Lasagna last week.  I tried to see if Chester would eat them.
Yup!  It seems he LOVES broccoli as much or more than green beans. lolz

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

This is what was planned--

1. Sunday--Fend for Yourself
2. Monday--Ham and Beans, leftover rolls
3. Tuesday--Teriyaki Beef w/Veggies, Rice
4. Wednesday--Veggie Lasagna, Salad
5. Thursday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches, Sweet Potato Fries
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Fend for Yourself
2. Monday--Homemade Ham and Beans, leftover rolls
3. Tuesday--Teriyaki Beef w/Veggies, Rice
4. Wednesday--Veggie Lasagna
5. Thursday--Leftovers(I had soup)
6. Friday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches, Sweet Potato Fries
7. Saturday--Leftovers

Last week saw 4 nights of home cooked dinners(1of those nights was a frozen food heated), 3 nights of leftovers/fend for yourself, 0 nights of Eating Out/Take-Out.  

What got put into the freezer last week.....
* 2 pork loins

What got taken out of the freezer and used last week.....
* 2 packs of  pork tenderloin pieces
* 5 packs of Chinese entrees
* 1 bag of broccoli

One trip to Weis and a trip to the Amish Grocery Outlet brought the food spending last week to $78.99 and my May total to $219.27. 

My savings percentage last week was 50.09%(without Rite-Aid trips)and May's monthly savings total came to 50.71%(w/out R-A). 

I have 18 more food shopping/spending days in May.  

Leftovers going into this week.....rolls, fajita filling, ham and beans.

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--Daughter cooking dinner for me
2. Monday--Turkey Tenderloins, real Mashed Potatoes, Veggie
3. Tuesday--Soup and BLTs/Grilled cheese
4. Wednesday--Stir-Fry Shrimp/Veggies/Noodles
5. Thursday--?
6. Friday--?
7. Saturday--?

This week will see 3-? new meals cooked, ? nights of leftovers/FFY, and ? nights of Take-Out/Eating Out.
My brother is coming for Holly's graduation(for 5 days)and I have to figure out what he'll eat so that's throwing a wrench into the meal planning.

What needs buying for this menu?
Through Wednesday it's all good. After that?....No clue yet. My brother is a picky eater.  I don't want to have to go out for 4 dinners so I've got some thinking to do.
I know he'll eat steak and we've got some in the freezer plus the pork tenderloins I got last week but I can't serve steak or pork for 4 nights. lolz

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week? 

Sluggy  

6 comments:

  1. Perhaps with Chester it is the crunch factor....just don't give him grapes, those are toxic to dogs but most veggies are totally ok. Buddy loved some things as a puppy but now won't eat them (cucumber)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the bomb. Just love reading your post for food inspiration. I have found that since I retired, I don't enjoy planning or cooking. Oh well, time will tell. Bet the broccoli is good for the little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay next time I am out Chester is going to be introduced to donuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe Chester can teach my son to like veggies lol.

    I haven't been meal planning. But I will try this week, I guess.
    Sunday was frozen pizzas, Monday meat loaf and all the fixins, Tuesday chicken stir fry, wednesday ffy, Thursday pork in the Crock-Pot with cream of something soup and dry ranch seasoning over rice, Friday maybe fish if we are home. Might take a little road trip for the weekend. Saturday either out or at my dad's. Boring boring boring

    ReplyDelete
  5. I chop up the stems from brocolli and put them in the dogs homemade dog food. No waste in our house thanks to the dog who eats anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who is Holly? Serve something he likes on the first night he will be there. Then, use those leftovers to feed him for several nights. My ex would not eat calf liver at my mother's house, so he got a pbj sandwich and was happy to get it since he was not expected to sit down and consume what she made. Cooking two meals so he would eat was too much for my mother. I told my children the liver was steak. My little children encouraged him to try it. lol They knew he liked steak. He never complained for one minute about the pbj!

    Does he like bologna sandwiches? Can he drive and get a Big Mac? I would gladly be accommodating, but for that many days? Not sure.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.