Thursday, May 2, 2019

2019 Food & Toiletries Spending......the April Report

Onward to April's food spending report.......



Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for APRIL 2019.

I have posted April's totals on the Total Grocery Savings Page located HERE and have updated the Totals there.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in April.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Sum.  My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods & tax where applicable. We are a family of 4-5(4 at home this month). No "kids" under 23.
*****************

BREAD OUTLET
OOP  $7.79
Value  $41.92
Savings  81.42%

BIG LOTS
OOP  $35.48
Value  $72.52
Savings  51.08%

CVS
OOP  $2.42
Ads/Qs  $31.62
Value  $34.04
Savings  92.89%

DOLLAR TREE
OOP  $5.00
Value  $13.25
Savings 62.26%

MAINE SOURCE
OOP  $10.36
Value  $19.80
Savings  47.68%

RITE-AID
OOP  $0.00
Qs/Ads/BC/Visa Prepaid Rewards  $261.60
Value  $261.60
Savings  100%

SHURSAVE MARKETS
OOP  $29.42
Qs/Ads  $22.71
Value  $52.13
Savings  43.56%

WALMART
OOP  $22.48
Value  $39.63
Savings  43.28%

WEIS
OOP  $274.77
QsAds  $362.57
Value  $637.34
Savings  56.89%

*********************
My best 3 Store Savings Totals were Rite-Aid at 100%, the CVS at 92.89% and the Bread Outlet at 81.42%.  My worst savings rate was at Walmart with 43.28%.  Worst rate over 40%?  That's a ok with me! ;-)

I shopped at 9 different stores this past month.  

TOTAL Out of Pocket for March.........$387.72
TOTAL Coupons/Store Sales.................$456.21
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased.........$843.93
TOTAL Savings of ................................54.06%

TOTAL Out of Pocket for March w/R-A.............$387.72
TOTAL Coupons/Store Sales w/R-A...................$717.81
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased w/Rite-Aid....$1,105.53
TOTAL Savings with Rite-Aid items.....................64.93%

This closes out the April food/toiletries spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month.....
Well we stayed under the $400 budget with $12.28 to spare.   I thought we'd do a bit better but then the Target Deal they ALWAYS have before Thanksgiving and Easter on food(Spend $50/Get $10 Gift Card)didn't happen this year so I didn't "deploy" my free Target gift cards(or the discounted ones either)so I didn't shop there for food(or anything else for that matter).  Not complaining(ok, maybe just a little bit)and it's all good since we stayed under budget.

The monthly food spending savings percentage went DOWN by 8.23 % in April 2019 to 64.93% compared to the March 73.16% savings average.
Plus the Rite-Aid haul in April was quite small so that kept my savings percentage down too.


With 4 months accounted for, I have spent a Year-To-Date Total of $1534.03 on food/toiletries in 2018.


2019 Yearly Total Spent To Date....................$1534.03
2019 Yearly Total Value of Items To Date....$8154.45
2019 Total Saved To Date...............................$6620.42
2019 Yearly Savings Total To Date of............81.19%

The average per month amount spent so far is $383.51 in 2019.

LOOKING AHEAD To May 2019.......
May is going to be a strange month.  First off there is Mother's Day.  We don't go out then but I ain't cooking either so who knows what will happen! lolz  Will they buy groceries that I have to account for? or get take-out which doesn't come out of the grocery budget?....stay tuned.

Daughter is also leaving in May and there is a graduation.  She doesn't want us to take her out for a graduation dinner(she and her BF are going out instead).  The BF will be here from late Friday night until they drive off on Sunday so I am not planning on extra groceries to feed him.....we'll just make do with what is here.

After they leave I am going on a diet of sorts.  The reason why is to reset my metabolism, jump start my new eating plan and do some allergy testing for my HS.  I will be on a very restrictive food eating plan for at least 2 weeks to flush my system and then who knows how long this will take(the allergy testing, etc.)  This could go terribly wrong or be great but either way I won't be cooking for the folks here and they both will be on their own to make food.  I am hoping they eat up what is here so I don't know what I'll be buying this month after the 18th, or what the cost will end up being but I hope to stay under that magic $400 threshold in May for food and toiletries.


If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share yours with us all.

*  How much did you spend on food/toiletries in April?

*  Do you track your yearly food spending?

*  What was your savings percentage buying on sale and/or with coupons vs. buying at regular retail price last month, if you track that sort of thing?

*  What are your methods for keeping your food spending in check?

Is anyone out there up for tracking expenditures and trying to spend less but still eat well?


Sluggy

1 comment:

  1. Lil sis had that allergy testing for her horrible skin condition and they found that she was allergic to many of her facvvorites but she is much better now.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.