Friday, January 25, 2019

Frugal Friday......the January 25th Edition



Another week, a few more frugal things.
Here's the skinny on what went down last week.........

*  I found .02¢ last Friday at Weis(PMITA)Markets.



Then I got too much  change at Mickey D's on Saturday when Kim had to make a Diet Coke run. 

My change should have been .15¢ but the gal gave me .20¢ back.  I had shoved it into my coat pocket and didn't look at it under we got home so I am counting that extra nickel as found money! 8-)

I made another trip to Weis on Tuesday and found more money!

A dime under the bubble gum machines.  Luckily I had my cane with me to retrieve the coin and didn't have to resort to crawling under the machines. lolz
That makes .17¢ for the week. ;-)


*  I got the Friday Freebie at Weis.......


a container of oatmeal.  I consider this a good freebie.  And it actually rung up correctly too for a change.

*  I used my free Purina dog food coupon they sent me........


*  I spent A LOT of money on groceries at Weis this past week.  We're talking $200 worth. Ouch. But I'd rather pay $200 and get good deals we'll use than wait and pay $300 later buying this stuff at regular price.

Last Friday's trip was a mangled mess though.  4 of my Qs wouldn't scan so the cashier manually put them in.....and didn't double them.

So I had to go over to CS and get $3 back.  I wanted her to put a credit on my c/c but she gave me cash before I could say something.


Then I went over my receipt and found the organic pear halves on clearance rang up full price.  So I had to go back in with the pears and receipt, take a photo of the shelf tag and get a refund from CS.
One can was free($1.97 back)and the other can I got the .99¢ I overpaid back so $2.96 went back on my c/c this time.

*  I had a free lunch on Thursday.


I have a Red Robin loyalty club thing so I get a free burger during my birthday month.  I had water w/lemon to drink so my meal was totally FREE(except for leaving the tip-I used some of my WAM for that).  I had an old Red Robin gift card so paid for Hubs meal with that.

*  I paid the garbage bill last week.  If it's paid in full before January is over you get a free month of service.  Hey!, $28 saved is $28 saved.  8-)))



What frugal wins did y'all have this past week?
Let us know how you stay frugal......


Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. :) A penny saved...
    I was giving blood today and got an additional $50 because I've given for 8 times straight! Jackpot! Nice surprise...
    I'm saving up my blood money for something REAL nice... Like paying off a credit card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, looks like you are coin magnet! :)
    About the only frugal things I did this week was hold off on frivolous spending and eating out. Although, I'm going out to eat with hubby tonight. I have a $20/off coupon at a nice restaurant that I got for my birthday in November. It will be expiring soon, and I really wanted a date night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a very productive week. I must have missed your birthday, so a belated Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.