Thursday, January 31, 2019

Some Free Groceries at Target

Monday was a really nice sunny(but cold as heck!)day.  Hubs and I felt like getting out of the house so we went into the city to Target.
And yet again, there was a problem at Target.
Am I a jinx or what?? lolz

They have a "Spend $25 on drinks/Get a $10 Gift Card" Deal this week and we were running low on seltzer and water so we decided to stock up a bit.

I got..........
3 x cases Water $1.69 each
4 x Bubly seltzer packs 3/$10
3 x Diet Pepsi 6-pack bottles on sale $2.50 each
SubTotal....$25.89 so qualified for the $10 GC
I also have 2 x $1/2 Bubly peelie Qs I used.

But for some reason(evident later, read on)the $10 GC prompt didn't come up on the cashier's screen and we had to call for manager approval for the GC Deal.

We also picked up all this........

6 x Hershey's Gold bags
These were 30% off on a Cartwheel offer(but only 4 items qualified, which I didn't realize until we got home)so I got the sale price of $3.33 on 2, $2.33 Cartwheel price on 4.  I used 6 x $2/1 IPQs so $3.98 for all 6 bags.

2 x Quaker Pumpkin spice oatmeal boxes on clearance.  The sticker was $2.20 but they rang up $1.28 each box.  I used a $1/2 Quaker TearpadQ so $1.56 for both boxes.

1 x Dunkin Donuts peppermint chocolate coffee on clearance.  The sticker was $5.08 but it rang up $2.98.  nice.

2 x Head & Shoulders white charcoal conditioner bottles on clearance of $2.98 each.  I used a $5/2 H&S ManuQ so .96¢ for both bottles.  8-)

Hubs also bought 2 cans of Market Pantry coffee for $5.38.
My total should have been $58.75-$20 in Qs=$38.75 + tax.

But it was $42.65+ tax.
So I looked over the receipt and instead of 3 cases of bottled water at $5.07 total there was something called "AF Snacking" on the receipt, 3 x for $8.97 total!!

Over at CS they pulled up the code AF Snacking and it was for Dark Chocolate covered Almonds, of which I had gotten none.
WTF?!?

So we returned the "phantom" nuts I bought and rerang the water I DID buy which lowered my total by $3.90(difference between phantom nuts and water bottles).
So OOP finally was $38.75 + .59¢ tax=$39.34 .  Reg. retail price for all this was $79.79.
I paid with a free with c/c points Target card and received a $10 Target GC back so actually only "spent" $29.34 of my free GC.

Since the water wasn't seen as being rung up that explains why the Spend $25/Get $10 GC Deal didn't trigger because I "only" had bought $20.82 of drinks(when I had really bought $25.89 worth of drinks).

In the end I spent Zero OOP and made that free Target GC money stretch even further using sales, clearance, a Cartwheel offer, a Gift Card Deal and coupons.
I was happy those clearance prices on the coffee and the oatmeal were even lower than marked on the packages. ;-)

But it always seems to be something messed up when I shop at Target....let's call it the Sluggy Jinx. lolz

Just another reason to double check your receipts before leaving the store when you shop!  I am 7 times out of 10 finding errors on receipts and that adds up fast to losing unnecessary money in your budget!!!


Sluggy


2 comments:

  1. Boy I do to especially at Albertsons. I keep a running tally in my head and it is pretty darn close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely shop there any more because I was always having problems with the coupons and GCs. You are more patient then me.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.