Monday, February 26, 2018

This Week on the Dining Table



The "Still Sick-ish" Edition--



Here's another gratuitous dog photo as I am not up to doing much of anything still.  Three of us are now in various stages of this illness stuff and it's been hard just taking care of ourselves and the doggies.  I'd love to just stay in bed all day at this point but these two won't let me do that. sigh.

I'm hoping I feel more human sometime this week.

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

1. Sunday--Chinese take-out(again!)
2. Monday--Italian pork roast, potatoes, onions and carrots
3. Tuesday--fish, sugar snap peas, boxed mac and cheese
4. Wednesday--spaghetti and meatballs, salad
5. Thursday--chicken fajitas
6. Friday--pork tenderloin sandwiches, sweet potato fries
7. Saturday--leftovers

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Chinese take-out(again!)
2. Monday--Italian pork roast, potatoes, onions and carrots
3. Tuesday--Sub sandwiches
4. Wednesday--spaghetti and meatballs
5. Thursday--Fend for Yourself
6. Friday--Fend for Yourself
7. Saturday--Fend for Yourself

Last week saw 2 nights of home cooked dinners, 3 nights of leftovers/fend for yourself, 2 night of take-out and 0 nights of Eating out.  I used a Primo hoagies voucher and stretched that sub out for 3 dinners for me..... lolz
Nobody much but Hubs was eating most meals last week as the rest of us where in various stages of recuperating from flu, sinus gunk, etc. so the meal plan sort of imploded upon itself.  

2 trips to Weis and a small trip by Hubs to the Shursave Market, brought the shopping last week to $66.92 for all.  That brings February's food spending total to $309.51.  There are 2 days left in my shopping month.  Hubs went to the store for me late last week but I can't find the receipt right now.  I'll try to dig through the crap on my desk later and get it added to my grocery total before March hits.

My savings percentages last week was 47.36% and the monthly savings so far ends up at 53.29%(without Rite-Aid trips added in).

Leftovers going into this week.......quiche, bean/ham soup, spaghetti and meatballs.

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--Chicken and Dumplings
2. Monday--Fish, Taters of some sort, Broccoli
3. Tuesday--Chicken Fajitas
4. Wednesday--Leftovers or Soup
5. Thursday--Leftovers or Soup
6. Friday--maybe Pizza and Salad if everyone is better
7. Saturday--?

This week will see 4 new meals cooked, 2-3 night of leftovers, 0 nights of Take-out/Eat-Out and 1 night of ?  ;-)

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?


Sluggy

11 comments:

  1. Are there any leftovers from last Monday? It sounds delicious. I am too sick to take care of myself. I could cook if I had clean dishes and pots and pans. There were no sales of things I needed last week. I hope Miracle Whip is on sale somewhere. Otherwise, I cannot make pimiento and cheese. I hope you all feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you guys are still sick! A few colds running around and Meri has been sneezing and feeling crudy since before Christmas. I'm sure it's stress. or allergies. We finally thought of allergies last night and gave her allergy meds before bed. She thinks she's allergic to her new guy friend/prom date. She just started hanging around him about that time... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cripes, it's lasting a long time at your house. I hope everyone there feels better soon. It's nice your dogs play together, looks like your new dog fits right in

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am right there with you sister. I love how the little one uses the big one for a chew toy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sluggy,

    I feel so bad for you. Please rest and get well soon.

    Dinner this week will be Chef's salad, chicken thighs using spices and other things that make a nice gravy, pork tenderloin for a couple of meals, and fish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chester has no idea he is the smaller dog does he?
    So sorry you are still coping with the flu. It has been a nasty flu year this year. Hopefully this week will be much better. I liked the fend for yourself 3 days in a row. Its a nice visual of how crappy you felt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes! I hope you all feel better, soon! My neighbor has been fighting something, too. Hers came with a fever. Needless to say, I am staying away.
    I threw several meal ideas onto a list and we ate what was written just not that particular order. Today, i’m having lentil and pasta soup while he’s having leftover spaghetti. I have six cases of frozen vegetables coming tomorrow. So, I will be playing in the freezers to make room and come up with a plan or something close to one. If I feel real ambitious, I may shoot for a two week plan.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you all feel better soon! Its been a long winter but I feel like the light us at the end of the tunnel. Maybe the somewhat better weather will get you on the mend! Stuck to my meal plan last week. Working so well that I have this week and next week done too!

    Sunday-bottom round roast, only $2.99/lb! With mushrooms, 50 cents a pack, freebie bag of carrots and free instant mashed potatoes(Catalina coupon)
    Monday-leftovers and some roast turned into hash
    Taco Tuesday
    Wednesday-lasagna (not my fave) garlic bread. Beef veggie soup using last of the roast
    Thursday-leftovers
    Friday-fish sticks and homemade Cole slaw but it is also BOGO Chipotle day (if you wear a hockey jersey! Not hard for us!)
    Saturday-dinner at my dad's :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I list al the meals I can make with what I have. I take requests 24 hours ahead of time or just cook what I feel like or have time for. Made your corn casserole,posted 1/20/2018, without the cheese like you. It was delicious! DH wants to know when I will make it again. If you all have not tried it ~ do! Easy and delicious... Teddie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you kick that "bug" to the curb very soon! It has laid so many people low this season. I do miss the days when my mother would look after me when I was sick, doesn't happen of course anymore and we (the "adults") have to drag ourselves around to get the necessities done. Do you think when we get REALLY OLD our kids will look after us?

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.