Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Saturday at Rite-Aid

Hubs decided to brew more beer on Saturday and took over the kitchen for the day.  He's now doing all grain brewing(instead of the easier part grain/part liquid extract type)and it makes the entire house smell like a fermenting tank x 20.
PU!
It got so overpowering that I was nauseous and had to leave the house(you could even smell it upstairs in a closed room).
So I went to Rite-Aid to hang out for a bit.

The mail had arrived that day already and I received a snail mail of some coupons good at Rite-Aid so I took those with me to see if anything was cheap/free/moneymaker after sales/Qs/bonus cash offers.

While there I decided to also see if they had any inexpensive Jovan or Coty colognes which I hadn't looked for yet that week...........


Select GE LED lightbulbs were on sale for $7.99 and gave $5 in Bonus Cash.  The snail mail coupons included a $5 off 1 GE LED lightbulb pack.

$7.99-$5.00Q=$2.99 and $5 back in BC.

I found two bottles of men's Cologne of the Jovan/Coty variety that were at a price point that made them either free or a moneymaker after my 20% Wellness discount, plus last week these gave a $10 Bonus Cash per purchase.

Jovan Ginseng NRG cologne reg. 12.00-20% discount($2.40)=$9.60
Stetson cologne reg. 12.50-20% discount($2.50)=$10.00

On my son's card......$7.99+$9.60+$10.00=$27.59+.04¢tax=$27.63

The new cashier scanned my card BEFORE trying to put my $5Q through so $27 in Bonus Cash I had on that card/account came off automatically.  I put the .63¢ left on a Rite-Aid gift card.
The  cashier gave me $5 cash for my Q and I earned $25 in new Bonus Cash(2 x $10 colognes, $5 lightbulb).  This transaction I came out a bit ahead, $2.37(converted $5 of BCs into cash and that goes into the "Post Q/Refunds/Rebates" envelope in my desk).


I also bought this lot on my card..........

1 x Remfresh=$7.99
2 x Schick razors on sale=$11.98
SubTotal......$19.97

Coupons Used
1 x $5/1 Remfresh IPQ=$5.00
2 x $3/1 Schick razors IPQ=$6.00
Coupon Total........$11.00

$19.97-$11.00=$8.97+.08¢tax=$9.05

An $8 Bonus Cash came off and I paid the $1.05 left with a R-A gift card.  I earned back $7 in new BC(2 x $2 Schick, $3 Remfresh).

Not a moneymaker but pretty cheap for razors, right?

Sluggy


2 comments:

  1. My head spins every time I read about your deals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous, I would so love to do this. but my lack of points means I would have to spend and that is out of the question right now!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.