Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Who Here Speaks eBay?

So, I get a Question to Seller this morning.  Yes, it's another episode of "I don't speak/understand/read/write English but I'm going to ask you stuff via an online translator".

Our contestant today is from Brazil, and speaks either/or Spanish/Portuguese.


hello! I would like to know which the value of a of iten that wanted to buy of you.  **Ok...they want to know the value of an item I am selling, or at least this is what I THINK they are asking at this point.

- TIME FORCE Power Rangers Ranger CHRONO-SABER MIB  **This is understandable since they just copied the listing title.

Which the value that is and the items and the value of the sending to Brazil for Registrad Airmail?  **This is where the wheels start flying off the bus!   I'm thinking they mean "what is the value and the cost to ship to Brazil by registered airmail".  Now there is no such thing as registered airmail from the US.  There is express air, priority air or 1st class air.  You can insure and/or send certified via some of these shipping rates as well.  So I have no clue which rate they want a quote for.  
Do they want to know the value(for customs) or the cost of the item?  The cost is obviously right there on the eBay listing(hello!), so they must want to know what I put on the customs declaration so they know what/if any customs fees they will be charged to receive the package.
Man, that used up way too many brain cells this early in the day!lol
But it continues.....

I would like to buy out of you of Ebay,
getting rid of the commission, you would grant like this me a discount.
**Aaaaah, so now it becomes clear as mud....by "value" they mean they want to know how much it will cost them to buy it from me directly, and not through eBay.  They want a DEAL.
Oh, you naughty, naughty customer......screwing eBay out of their cut!
So they want me to sell something to someone in another country without ANY safeguards to me if/when they make a chargeback through Paypal and I lose my item, get my payment yanked out of my account and have the honor of paying the chargeback fee which Paypal will pass along to me.  tsk, tsk, tsk....

I await the return. Thank you!  **And just keep waiting until hell freezes over buddy!  




So what does our contestant win today Johnny?

I do believe he gets banned from our eBay listings for life!
And what made this one extra special is that he sent it to me TWICE!LOLOL

Thanks for watching today's episode.....now where's that Hump Day drink??

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. LOL! You're a TOUGH ebay mama! I speak Ebay but haltingly... Haven't sold anything in several years, but purchase sometimes. I just bought some taekwondo gear and a bag for a fraction of what it would cost new! It might have some guys name written all over it, but ha! It's mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbelievable! I think I would stick to selling within the US!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to for if you would give items free to me. To ship free 2.

    snort

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.