Sunday, June 20, 2010

We got a call on Saturday from Daughter who is finishing up her training week at summer camp.  She was suppose to come home with DH on Sunday, when he went to drop off #2 son for his 2 weeks of camp.  Then she was suppose to go back to camp when we went to pick up #2 son and start her weeks of work there.
I guess she impressed the 'high mucky mucks' running the joint and/or some teens didn't show up for their designated weeks to work, as she was asked to work 2 extra week long sessions--the first week in the kitchen and the second with the 'special needs' campers.  So Daughter got 2 extra weeks of employment and is quite happy at the moment not to have to come home to the 'Boring House'.  Yes, not only is my blog boring but it seems everything I touch is boring....

As Daughter didn't pack but enough 'stuff' for 1 week of training I had to spend Saturday packing all the things she says she "desperately needs!" for the next 7 weeks of her life.  I about got writer's cramp taking notes over the phone, making the gargantuan list of items to take to her!  Then I got to spend a few hours hunting down and gathering all of those things in her rat's nest of a room!
Ugh.
So much for my Saturday....
Here are a couple of photos from the website from last week.
#1 son is standing on the far left.  And again, a fine looking group of teens & 20-somethings....
Yes, these are some of the future leaders of our nation...
 
And though my Daughter is very good at avoiding peoples with cameras I did find this lone shot w/her in it...on the left in turquoise with a sign on her chest.  Looks like some king of team building/role playing activity.  Oh, I KNOW she was enjoying that *voiced with a heavy dose of sarcasm*.....LOLOL

DH delivered #2 son & his 'stuff', along with daughters 'stuff' to the camp on Sunday and I got to sit home and babysit the dogs...ah!, the story of my life.....

That massive thundering noise you heard this afternoon was me turning cartwheels at the though of being CHILD-FREE for 2. Whole. Weeks!  8-))
Now if I could just afford to send the dogs to camp too....

I spent most of the day Sunday inside as it was beastly hot here.
Did I fall into a coma and it's really August now and not June because baby, it sure FEELS like August!?
I went online and checked out the weekly grocery/drug store sales flyers and took notes on what looked like a good deal this week.

I saw that Price Chopper(NE) has a teeny tiny Unilever product Catalina Deal this week.  There are ten, count 'em ten items that qualify and you have to buy $25(that's reg. shelf price, not sale price)to get a $7 OYNO Catalina.
The problem is that all the Qs that are out for the products(most had valid Qs available)expire on SUNDAY-June 20th-so you had to do the Catalina deal that day!!lol

I had 3 Unilever product inserts from May so I sat down and figured out I could do 3 transactions, spend $30.46 Out of Pocket and end up with $74.89 of groceries + a $7 OYNO Catalina to roll in the next couple of weeks.
It would have given me....
9 Ragu Sauce
6 Wishbone Dressing
11 Knorr Rice/Pasta pouches
4 Lipton Teabag boxes
3 Ice Cream containers

But in the end, I didn't even go to the store and do the deal.  I am lousy with sauce, dressing, rice/pasta and even teabags at this point and I really don't need anymore.
Yes, I really just said I don't need anymore.
The savings even with rolling the deal didn't give me enough savings to make it worth my while.
Am I loosing my killer coupon edge?

Maybe....
But I did hike up to Rite-Aid(where else would I go?!lol)and got some fun stuff.
More on that tomorrow....

Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. You're the first person I've seen who has used the term "High Mucky Muck" to describe someone before besides one of my friends. I thought she made that term up... :) Guess not!
    Congrats on your two weeks of freedom! I hear you on the dog thing too. Maybe you can find a coupon for a dog kennel...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like we live the same life. I just wonder if they will ever completely appreciate all that we do for them. And since you are alone for 2 weeks, can I join you?? Sounds like Heaven!!!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two weeks of freedom!! It will be wonderful for you. I laughed when you said got to sit home and babysit the dogs. Saturday evening, Hubby went to a ballgame and I was THRILLED to be left at home by myself! It was awesome!

    Hope your time without kiddos is equally awesome!

    And you haven't lost your killer coupon edge. I often go a week, or sometimes 2 without hitting drug stores. There have to be good enough deals for me to go there. If the deals aren't worthy, I don't feel a bit guilty for not going to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. McVal--Yes, I am weird and use weird terms....most of them southern in origin, but not mucky mucks.lol

    SonyaAnn--Everyone who has kids lives our life my dear.lol
    The quiet is glorious....come on over!!

    Frances--Any time without the sullen teens is wonderful, thanks!
    I hear ya on skipping the deals unless they are good enough. But I still feel a twinge when I don't do one that isn't awesome enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Yes, I really just said I don't need anymore."

    whoa! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty--Oh, how the world loves a smartass....lol

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.