Saturday, February 4, 2023

Frugal Friday.....the February 3rd Edition on Saturday

 Welcome to Frugal Friday!  Sorry it's a day late but medical and dental stuff took up most of my week here. 
There is one Frugal win this past week......

*   I happened to look in my Ollie's(Good Stuff Cheap!)app and found a 15% off your whole shopping trip coupon there for Valentine's day.  It expires 2/12.  Since we had some time to kill between the wound care appt. and my dental appt.(which was over near the Ollie's)we went in and I found a few food items we needed.......

Have you ever seen Caramel Banana flavored Cheerios?  I haven't and Hubs wanted to try them.  I needed the applesauce, panko, the pretzel crackers were 75% off and boxed stuffing is good to have in the pantry for various things(though it tastes too salty for me unless it's doctored up).  2 cartons of chicken broth didn't make it into the photo either. 
We also found a pair of drapes for the master bedroom(but forgot to get a curtain rod lol).
$10.49 later for the food items we were off to the dentist.

*  I found money!
Nope, nothing this week.  Sluggy got skunked on the four days she left the house to go the medical/dental visits.  Hubs found 6 pennies at Walmart in the self-checkout machine when he went by himself and the rat wouldn't give  me those coins.  sniff sniff

Total Found in last Week.... .00¢
Total Found this Year........15¢

That's about all I've got for this past week.  

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Sluggy   

7 comments:

  1. Nothing really frugal, except for my eating leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed a couple of jackets for court so I went to my standard go to, J. C. Penney, and found two on sale for $39.00 a piece. I had a 25 percent off electronic coupon I pulled up on line for in store purchases so I got the 25 percent off the sales price. Of course our janky high as the sky sales tax made it higher than I expected ( I always forget about the tax) so for both jackets it was $59.00 total. The interesting thing is that sales clerk asked me how I pulled up the coupon, did I pull it up on their app. I said no, I just googled it. Frugal fail: I went to Sam’s. I fell in love with a Members Mart 11 piece Royal blue ceramic nonstick cookware set. $ 159 dollars later….. But I have been playing with the lids and pots like I was a little girl in a play kitchen…lol. Pitiful. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is my frugal win: I have a Poang chair from IKEA and the chair cushion is red with some unfortunate bleach stains on it. I keep it in my bedroom and the red doesn't go with my pale blue themed bedroom at all. So, I was looking at the IKEA website in my country and found out that replacing the cushion costs a little less than USD 50. It may not be a lot of money but, I just didn't want to spend it. So, I looked around my apartment and found this cream colored thin cotton blanket that I never use. Using 3-4 safety pins, I was able to transform the red chair to a cream colored one at no cost. It looks really well now, not an eyesore anymore. Feeling very frugal. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have been iced in all week. Did one errand today which I don’t like to run errands on Saturday it’s so crowded. Being retired we try to run errands on weekdays. I told my husband about your blog & I’m on the lookout for dropped money. I swear I have found nothing! With the price of groceries & everything I think people are picking up their pennies. I will keep trying. 😂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for mentioning drapes. I never thought to check Ollies for it. I'm going to check this week, as I still have my 15% Q.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that brand of pretzel chips with hummus. I saved money because I did no shopping. lol I hope you're on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quaker Oats were a moneymaker at Kroger. They’re on sale for $2.49. Ibotta has a $1.50 rebate and Kroger has $1.40 cash back.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.