Monday, October 14, 2019

This Week on the Dining Table

The "New Experiences" Edition................


My brother, ever the big spending, took me out for lunch on Sunday.  The photo above plus a soda was lunch......at Costco.  My first ever Costco dog.
He knows how to treat a gal with style, doesn't he? lolz

Moving On....
Onward to the meal planning!

This is what was planned--
1. Sunday--No Clue
2. Monday--No Clue
3. Tuesday--No Clue
4. Wednesday--No Clue
5. Thursday--No Clue
6. Friday--No Clue
7. Saturday--No Clue

And this is what actually happened at home per Hubs info--
1. Sunday--FFY
2. Monday--Cheeseburgers, Salad
3. Tuesday--Beef Pie Leftovers
4. Wednesday--Lasagna w/Peas??? 8-P
5. Thursday--Teriyaki Chicken Thighs, Brussels Sprouts, a mystery carb dish since I KNOW Hubs and left to his own devices there will be a starch.
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Leftovers

Meanwhile in OC here is what dinners looked like--
Sunday--Fish Dinner at Waterman's
Monday--late lunch of Fajitas at Applebee's and nibbles back at the hotel for dinner
Tuesday--Take-out Fried Chicken, Broccoli Cheddar Soup, Mashed Taters w/Gravy
Wednesday--Greek Salad at Abi's Diner
Thursday--Lasagna, Salad, Garlic Bread at Sissie's house
Friday--Cheeseburger and pickles at Brother's house
Saturday--late lunch of Sampler Platter at Cracker Barrel

Last week saw 2 night of home cooked dinners, 0 nights of leftovers/ffy, and 5 nights of Eating Out/Take-Out for me.

What got put into the freezer last week.....
* Nothing
Hubs didn't grocery shop.

What got taken out of the freezer and used last week at home.....
* 1 bag of peas
* a bag of mozzarella cheese
* Teriyaki chicken thighs
* a bag of Brussels Sprouts
* 4 hamburger patties

No trips to any grocery stores brought the weekly spending to $0.00 and my October spending on food to $108.97 so far this month.  I spent a bit on vacation and I'll add that in when I get home.

My savings percentage last week was 0%(without Rite-Aid trips)and October's monthly savings total comes in at 45.06%(w/out R-A).

I have 17 more food shopping/spending days in October.

Leftovers going into this week at home......Lasagna.

Here is this week's "food plan" at home.....
1. Sunday--No Clue
2. Monday--No Clue
3. Tuesday--No Clue
4. Wednesday--No Clue
5. Thursday--No Clue
6. Friday--No Clue
7. Saturday--No Clue

This week Hubs and Ex-College Boy are on their own as far as meals go until I get back.

What needs buying for this menu?  Again, don't know, don't care. hehehe

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week? 

Sluggy  

3 comments:

  1. We've actually made dinner at home for the entire month so far which is H-U-G-E for us!!! Really working on getting the credit cards paid off!!!

    I hope your brother didn't break the bank buying you lunch :)

    Sue L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing says loving like a hot dog dinner from Costco

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just putting it out there...I have heard a lot of good things abbout those Costco hotdogs. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.