Thursday, October 10, 2019

2019 3rd Quarter Review.....Small Finances



The third quarter of 2019 is in the books now.
Let's see where some of my small pots of savings look like 3/4 into this year.
These stats are all effective as of September 30th, 2019.


*  Rolled coins--$13.50.  Two rolls of dimes, a roll of nickels and three rolls of pennies.  Rolled coins have taken a big hit since Hubs stopped working for a living. lolz



*  Found Change--$39.46  Finding money is the best!  Nobody can argue with that, right? 8-))

*  Refunds & "Post Coupons"--$145.49  Mostly Weis(PMITA)Markets and Rite-Aid.

*  Cash Rebates--
   * Ibotta--$242.47
   * SavingStar--$42.25
   * Checkout51--$38.75
   * ShopAtHome--$9.63(I think I need $20 to cash out of this.)

Total.........$521.92 not counting ShopAtHome) to put toward the grocery spending come December.
9 months in and I have more than enough in small finances to cover December's food spending.

And this doesn't count those OSJL gift cards totaling $83.48 I plan to use on future grocery spending, a $15 gift card from doing a P & G Deal at Rite-Aid in March and the discounted Target gift card balance I still have.

Now how cool is that?!?

Three more months to get some more small monies into the pot for 2019.
Next update on the Small Finances coming at the end of December to wrap up the year.

Do you stash non-income money aside to put toward a goal?
Tell us about it and what strategies work for you in savings money!


Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. Yes, I do. Right now, I have a $70 refund from my Michelin tires that will go for Christmas or a small freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how much change you find - I have been saving mine in a separate bank and I think there MIGHT be 13 cents in there :(.

    Check and see if your bank has a coin machine - our credit union just takes our jar and it automatically counts it - no more rolling coins!!!

    Sue L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All our non-work money goes into the fishing fund (aka the fun fund). It usually covers the $600 it takes to charter the boat to go salmon fishing every summer. That includes any item we sell/resell/change/rebates etc. You are doing so well, maybe you could carry it over into cover January!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I call ours the "unplanned" money budget. My sidehustle goes in there, as does rebates, change we find, reimbursements from work (I try to float the smaller charges & then treat the reimbursements like "found" money), etc. We're over $3600 for the year so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How on earth do you find so much money? The most I've found was 3c...lol. That's a nice amount you have saved up.

    I'm way too nervous to keep that much money in Ibotta. My friend once had a huge amount and they closed her account for some stupid reason. She eventually got that sorted and her account reinstated. So I cash out as soon as there's enough for a $25 or $50 gc (depending on what I need)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Up until just yesterday, any extra money went to paying off debt. Now with that behind us, we will start putting the extra into building up a big emergency fund and some for our future house remodel fund.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.