Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Dollar General Clearance Sale

So last Friday to Sunday Dollar General stores had a 50% off Clearance Sale.  Anything marked down as clearance was an additional 50% off.
This is the first time I went to one of these sales but go, I did early Saturday morning.  I might haven't gotten some better things(like toilet paper)if I had gone on Friday morning but I wanted to pair these deals with that "$5 off when you spend $25" Coupon in my digital Q account for DG stores.

Here is what I got, first the non-food stuff,,,,,

I got the 5 air fresheners(car ones-2 single ones and a 3 pack), the .45¢ Renuzit and the $1.25 Glade candle for our use.  All the generic Airwick refills I picked up for my Sister in-law as she uses them in her mom's bathroom.  She buys them when she sees them cheap at yard sales but these were super cheap so I had to buy them for her and she'll reimburse me.  8-)
The garbage bags are for us as well.  $1.80 for a box of 25 garbage bags?  Couldn't say no to that!


A got 2 x boxes of Band-Aids for .50¢ each. The Old Spice body wash and the DG body wash were $1.80 each(the DG one wasn't the best deal but I like that scent), the Bic single razors were .37¢ a pack, Head & Shoulders conditioners were $3 each and the Secret deodorants were $2.25.
I paired Qs w/the Secret and Head & Shoulders so those were $1.25 and $1.50 each respectively.


I got some canned foods, 6 cans of baked beans, 2 cans of a mix of tomato/okra/corn, 2 cans of dumplings and chicken and 2 bottles of buttermilk ranch Hidden Valley salad dressing.  The dressing is for Ex-College Boy' and the other canned goods were for Hubs when I go on this elimination diet and he has to fend for himself with cooking.
Some of this was a good deal, some not so much.  Many items were NOT marked so I had to keep asking for a price check.  Perhaps I'll try a different store next time instead.

I think I did alright given that I also got another $5 off it all since it came to over $25 before that $5 off $25 Q.

Will I go and do a Clearance sale at DG again?  Maybe.  But I'll be a bit more discerning with what I bring home.

Have you ever gone to a Dollar General clearance event?

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. I don't have any Dollar General near me or t I can think of on route to and from work. I hava few things I stock up on when I come across really good sales and candles are one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did good! I go to DG a ckuoke Times a month and do digital coupons.
    I haven’t had success at their clearances much though,

    I’m going to DG this morning, tomuse a $5/25

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.