Monday, February 19, 2018

This Week on the Dining Table



The "I Got Nothing" Edition--


 I didn't leave the house except to put this little guy out to do his business since Wednesday so this in the only photo on my camera right now.  Chester kept looking at me this past week like he knew something was wrong with me and he wanted to make it all better.   It's a good thing I had a few posts written up before I got sick.  The most strenuous thing I've been doing is trying to stay up to watch some Olympic coverage.  8-(
I may attempt to leave the house later this week.....or not.  ;-)

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

1. Sunday--ham and cheese quiche
2. Monday--hot dogs on rolls, beans
3. Tuesday--ham and bean soup, cornbread
4. Wednesday--leftovers
5. Thursday--chicken fajitas
6. Friday--Italian pork roast, potatoes, onions and carrots
7. Saturday--leftovers

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--ham and cheese quiche
2. Monday--hot dogs on rolls, chipotle beans
3. Tuesday--ham and bean soup, cornbread
4. Wednesday--leftovers
5. Thursday--Chinese soup or take-out
6. Friday--Fend for Yourself
7. Saturday--leftovers or FFY

Last week saw 3 nights of home cooked dinners, 3 nights of leftovers/fend for yourself, 1 night of take-out and 0 nights of Eating out.  College Boy and I got sick in quick succession and as I might have had the flu nobody wanted me touching/making their food so there was leftovers/FFY or take-out from Wednesday on.
I did knock out a couple of ham and cheese quiches and a big pot of ham and bean soup before I felt unwell.  The rest of the ham got tucked into the freezer to use at another time.

2 trips to Weis and 1 trip to Dollar Tree,brought the shopping last week to $98.62 for all.  That brings February's food spending total to $242.59.  There are 9 days left in my shopping month.

My savings percentages last week was 56.86% and the monthly savings so far ends up at 54.69%(without Rite-Aid trips added in).

Leftovers going into this week.......quiche(a large piece left), ham and bean soup.  I may need to shove some of the soup into the freezer later this week as it isn't being eaten at a good clip with 2 of us off food mostly.

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--Chinese take-out(again!)
2. Monday--Italian pork roast, potatoes, onions and carrots
3. Tuesday--fish, sugar snap peas, boxed mac and cheese
4. Wednesday--spaghetti and meatballs, salad
5. Thursday--chicken fajitas
6. Friday--pork tenderloin sandwiches, sweet potato fries
7. Saturday--leftovers

This week will see 5 new meals cooked, 1 night of leftovers, 1 night of Take-out/Eat-Out.  I am feeling better so am up to cooking, plus the family doesn't feel I am "Typhoid Mary" any longer. lolz
If I don't feel up to cooking most of these can still be made by Daughter or Hubs.  College Boy will attempt to go back to his internship job tonight so won't be home for meals.

The only things I need to buy to make these meals are carrots, chicken, salad greens.

I made Hubs go to Weis once for a few things on Friday(mostly 5 bottles of OJ).  I don't feel up to grocery shopping still, so I'll send Hubs out for those things above that I need. 
I swear that when I die Hubs will subsist on pasta and take-out.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?


Sluggy

10 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you're still sick. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

    I'm making steak pies from the leftover steak & peppers I made for Valentines day. I'll just add a salad to that and there will be enough for 2 dinners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better. That flu is scary stuff. Did you get a flu shot?

    Meal plan was only off one day last week. Not too shabby. This week:
    Sunday-chicken legs, Velveeta shells I got for .25/box at Big Lots, green beans
    Monday-leftovers (working 10 hour day) pizza, chicken legs, mixed veg
    Tuesday-burgers and dogs on the grill, salad, baked beans
    Wednesday-chicken alfredo with brocolli & mushrooms, garlic bread
    Thursday-tbd, but probably leftovers
    Friday-tuna melts, veggies and rice
    Saturday-dinner at my dad's :)
    Might also make Wedding soup towards end of week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are starting to feel better. Isn't it funny, dogs are so empathetic, know you are sick and just want to try and help. Buddy is a huge snuggler when I am sick. Won't hardly leave my side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, people are contagious before they know they have flu. Okay, just what I heard. Exbf refused to eat anything I had touched, prepared, or cooked when I had the flu. He heard from me about both ends going at once. Even when I felt a bit better, I was not in cooking mode. There is nothing on sale that I need or want, so today I will get milk and greens for salads. I'm glad you are better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too was sick last week. However, I pretty much stayed true to what I had. I ate a lot of left overs. What's on tap for this week - Lots and lots of pasta. I have some sauce that I need to use up and so with the noodles I bought the other day (garlic egg noodles). Tonight it is going to be bean taco with avocado. Still not feeling my best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little dog is so adorable. Hope you are feeling much better going into this week. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry you are still not fully well. We're eting lot of soup, pasta, and stew like meals-hearty, cheap, and comforting. I was feeling domestic this weekend. You mentioning ham has me strting to think bout Easter-I am hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry you are sick. Crap, is it the flu or your auto immune garbage? Take care and let hubs do take out. Of course your puppy knew you were sick. I just luvs him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please do not overdo things. The flu can hang on for a long time. Teddie

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.