Monday, June 19, 2017

This Week on the Dining Table

The  "It Bloomed!" Edition--


After not blooming last Spring my peony bloomed this year again.  Not sure why it took a year off but it was mighty pretty while it lasted this June.

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned last week--

1. Sunday--Marinated Steak, Salad
2. Monday--Chicken Parm, Carrots
3. Tuesday--Hamburgers, Potato Salad, Cucumber/Tomato Salad
4. Wednesday--Leftover Chicken and Dumplings
5. Thursday--Fried Shrimp, Cole Slaw, French Fries
6. Friday--Rigatoni and Meat Sauce, Salad
7. Saturday-Daughter is cooking(not sure yet what)

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Marinated Steak, Salad
2. Monday--Chicken Parm, Green Beans
3. Tuesday--Hamburgers, leftover Beans
4. Wednesday--leftover Chicken n' Dumplings
5. Thursday--Fried Shrimp, Cole Slaw, Green Beans, leftover Au Gratin Potatoes
6. Friday--Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos w/Corn and Black Bean Salsa(Daughter cooked this)
7. Saturday-Leftovers

Last week saw 7 nights of home cooked dinners....2 nights of Leftovers and 5 nights of new meals.

I made 2 trips to the Weis Markets for $78.46, a trip to the Shursave Market for $15.96 totaling $94.42 OOP.  This brings my June food spending total to $252.62.  There are 12 days left in the month. 

My savings percentages last week was 49.54% which brings the month's percentage to-date to 64.13%. 

Leftovers going into this week.......1 chicken fried steak and gravy, pizza(I think), chicken and dumplings w/carrots, salsa verde chicken taco filling.

Here is this week's "food plan"....
* Denotes "complicated" meals

1. Sunday--Enchiladas, Rice, Beans
2. Monday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches, Potato Salad
3. Tuesday--Leftover Tacos
4. Wednesday--Caesar Salad w/Chicken
5. Thursday--Kielbasa on Rolls
6. Friday--Roast Chicken and Veggies
7. Saturday-Rigatoni w/Meat Sauce, Garlic Bread, Caesar Salad

This week will see 6 new meals cooked, 1 nights of leftovers and 0 night of Take-Out/Eating-Out.  Daughter is cooking again this Friday.

What I need to buy for this menu? I've got this covered already.  We stopped at the Amish Surplus Outlet after we took Hubs to his brew pub on Saturday and found enchilada tv dinners to try so that was last night.(I'll include Saturday's shopping on next week's tally.)  I have everything else on hand for this week's menu.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?


Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. Pretty peonies!
    I have no idea what we are having this week because I haven't combed through the freezer yet to see what is available, but whatever we eat is gong to be cooked at home. Judging my our June so far we have used all our dining out budget through the end of the year. (Yeah right, it just means we will move money from some other budget into it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty flowers!!! I came back after the weekend to find my daffodils had bloomed. Yay!
    Eating lots of leftovers at our house... Will start my diet again after they're gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love peonies, wish I had more in my yard. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I over shopped two Saturdays ago so we need to eat down whats in the fridge and freezer, and no clue what I;ll put together. I'm gone for work a couple days and then have a couple days off so we'll plan as we go, if that is even planning.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.