Monday, June 5, 2017

This Week on the Dining Table

The  "Getting Back Into A Groove" Edition--

I snapped this photo of the huge Rhododendron in our backyard last week when I got home from Virginia.  It was in glorious full on blooming mode.

I've been back a full week and I need to get back into the swing of life here.  I've been slow getting back to normal but then again, I've got nothing pressing that needs doing asap so it's all good.

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned last week--I wasn't home all week so this wasn't my plan. ;-)

1. Sunday--Chinese Take-out
2. Monday--Burgers and Dogs, COC, Beans(Hubs is cooking)
3. Tuesday--Leftovers, Spinach Salad
4. Wednesday--Rigatoni w/Meat Sauce, Garlic Bread, Salad
5. Thursday--Steak, Baked Potato, Caesar Salad
6. Friday--Fried Cod, Cole Slaw, Steak Fries
7. Saturday--Meatloaf, Veggies TBD

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Chinese Take-out
2. Monday--Burgers and Dogs, COC, Beans(Hubs is cooking)
3. Tuesday--Fried Cod, Cole Slaw, Onion Rings
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--Meatloaf, Au Gratin Potatoes, Spinach Salad
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Steak, Baked Potato, Salad

Last week saw 6 nights of home cooked dinners....2 nights of Leftovers and 4 nights of  new meals plus 1 night of Take-Out.
Daughter had leftover cheese/bechamel sauce from when she made mac and cheese while I was gone, so I sliced up potatoes thinly on a mandolin and used the sauce to make au gratin potatoes to go with the meatloaf.

I made 3 trips to the Weis Markets totaling $95.08 OOP.  This brings my June food spending total to $95.08.  There are 26 days left in the month. 

$49.51 of that spending was for t-bone steaks I stocked up on at $5.88 lb. last week, so less than half of the spending was everything else I bought last week.

My savings percentages last week was 74.72% which brings the month's percentage to 74.72%. 

Leftovers going into this week.......meat sauce(from daughter's weeks of cooking), meatloaf and au gratin potatoes.

Here is this week's "food plan"....
* Denotes "complicated" meals

1. Sunday--Pork Chops, Sitr-Fry Veggies, leftover Au Gratin Potatoes
2. Monday--Chicken and Dumplings w/Carrots
3. Tuesday--Country Fried Steak, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Veggie TBD
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--Pasta w/Meat Sauce, Salad, Garlic Bread
6. Friday--Salmon, Mushroom Risotto
7. Saturday-Leftovers

This week will see 5 new meals cooked, 0 night of Take-Out/Eating-Out and 2 nights of Leftovers.

What I need to buy for this menu? Carrots and Mushrooms so far.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?


Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Rhoade, I cannot grow them. I have tried and they grow well here but I am a failure at that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your soil is not acidic enough probably. Rhodies love acid like evergreens does.

      Delete
    2. Use pine straw to mulch anything that needs acidic.

      Delete
  2. What Practical Parsimony said!, of course I don't intentionally mulch mine, the stuff just falls into the beds and I neaten it up a little.
    Your Rhododendrons are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have Dollar Doublers at our Tops this week so I am accumulating a lot of free things for my stockpile.

    I love your rhododendron. Flowers bushes and plants make me so happy. Our lilac bushes are in full bloom.

    Your T-bone steak deal was super.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.