Tuesday, April 28, 2015

2015 Food & Toiletries Spending......April Update

*I am posting this a few days early since I am done shopping for the month.*

 Onward to April's food spending report.......



Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for APRIL 2015.

I have posted April's totals on the Total Grocery Savings for 2015 Page located HERE and have updated the Yearly Totals there.  I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in March.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals SumMy spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods & tax where applicable. We are a family of 3(2-3 at home this month). No kids under 19.

******************

DOLLAR TREE
OOP  $9.00
Value $18.50
Savings  51.35%

MAINE SOURCE
OOP  $112.79
Qs/Ads $80.63
Value $193.42
Savings  41.69%

PRICE CHOPPER
OOP  $27.64
Qs/Ads $20.03
Value $47.67
Savings  42.02%

RITE-AID *(see below)
OOP  $1.55
Qs/Ads/+UPs  $66.13
Value  $67.68
Savings  97.71%
 
SHURSAVE STORES(small local independent affiliated stores)
OOP  $13.23
Qs/Ads  $6.09
Value  $19.32
Savings  31.52%

TARGET
OOP  $33.76
Qs/Ads $33.41
Value $67.17
Savings  49.74%
 
WEIS MARKETS
OOP  $103.44
Qs/Ads  $85.65
Value  $189.09
Savings  45.30%
 

*********************
My best 3 Store Savings Totals were Rite-Aid at 97.71%, Dollar Tree at 51.35% and Target at 49.74%.  My WORST savings rate was the Shursave store at 31.52%.



I shopped at 7 different stores this past month. 

TOTAL Out of Pocket........ $301.41
TOTAL Coupons & Store Sales Savings...$241.44
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased............$542.85
TOTAL Savings of...................................44.48%
TOTAL Savings WITHOUT Rite-Aid.............36.89%

This closes out the April food/toiletries spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month.....
I went into April wanting to do a $300 monthly spending and actually accomplished this....if you don't count the $1.55 I spent at Rite-Aid which put me $1.41 over.  ;-)

The monthly savings percentage went down by 25.28% in April to 44.48% compared to March's 69.76% average.
Didn't I tell y'all when I stopped buying stuff at Rite-Aid my percentages would plummet? 8-(

The savings rate for the year so far now stands at 65%.  That's a 3.70% decrease in savings over March's YTD total.  It's still hanging in well over a 40% savings rate for the year but will be going down further unless I jump back into Rite-Aid shopping at a savings rate comparable to before they ditched the +Ups Rewards Program.

I have spent a total of $1,233.86 on food/toiletries in 2015.  That averages out to $308.46andahalf per month.
I'm pretty happy with that.

LOOKING AHEAD To MAY.........

I want to continue to eat down some of our stockpiles of canned/boxed food and empty out the freezer a bit more. We will be back up to 3 adults for May since College Boy comes home on the 9th for the Summer.

I will mostly probably need to increase my food spending in May to accommodate another mouth to feed and buy items Hubs and I don't eat but that College Boy considers essentials.

I won't set a number yet but will play things by ear.  We'll be traveling for part of May so the eating out/vacation spending will increase and the food budget spending may actually not increase even with another person to feed.

What I am trying to say is that May will be a total crapshoot.  8-)
 
If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share yours with us all.
 
*  How much did you spend on food/toiletries in April?
*  Do you track your yearly food spending?
*  What was your savings percentage buying on sale and/or with coupons vs. buying at regular retail price last month, if you track that sort of thing?
 
Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. When I saw the CVS burning in Baltimore, I thought of you. Now where can people like Sluggy go and buy a whole cart of stuff for 8 cents??
    I'm praying for Baltimore. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a waste of a perfectly good CVS. ;-)
      Such a waste of energy to destroy your own world which gains no one anything......

      Delete
  2. I have no words for what is going on in Baltimore right now. Extreme sadness is just not adequate. And, yes a waste.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.