Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Rite-Aid Hijinxs


So I lied last week.
I went back to Rite-Aid again on Saturday.

I forgot we got the $3 Correctol Q so I had to go pick this up......


1 x Correctol on sale=$5.00

I used the $3/1 Correctol Q from Sunday's paper and paid with a $2 +Up Rewards so ZERO OOP.
I got back a $3 +Up Rewards making it free.



This week has been a whole lot of R-A ups and downs and it's only Wednesday!

First I went on Sunday to buy this stuff on BIL's card......


2 x VitaMelts sleep aid on sale $5.99=$11.98
1 x Colgate toothpaste on sale=$3.50
SubTotal......$15.48

Coupons Used
2 x $3/1 Nature Made VitaMelts IPQ(coupons dotcom)=$6.00
1 x $2/1 Nature Made sleep aid VideoValuesQ=$2.00
1 x $1/1 Colgate toothpaste IPQ(colgate dotcom)=$1.00
Coupon Total......$9.00

$15.48-$9.00=$6.48

I used $6 in +Ups and paid .48¢ OOP.
I received back $11 in +Ups(2 x $4 Nature Made, $3 Colgate).

And I forgot to hand over my 2nd $2/1 VideoValuesQ for the Nature Made.
bleh.

On Monday I went back up to Rite-Aid and used my Wellness card for this stuff.....


1 x Nature Made VitaMelts=$5.99
1 x Colgate Optic White toothpaste on sale=$3.50
1 x Colgate Total toothpaste 20% wellness discount=$3.19
SubTotal.....$12.68

Coupons Used
1 x $3/1 Nature Made IPQ=$3.00
1 x $1/1 Colgate IPQ=$1.00
1 x .75¢/1 Colgate IPQ=$.75
Coupon Total......$4.75

$12.68-$4.75=$7.93
I used $7 in +Up Rewards and paid .93¢ OOP.

I received back $10 in +Up Rewards($4 Nature Made, 2 x $3 Colgate).

Tuesday since I had to go near there, I stopped by a different Rite-Aid to look for Oxi Clean dishwasher soap and small Nexxus 'Poo tubes but they had neither.  I bought this stuff on my son's card instead.......


1 x Nature Made VitaMelts=$5.99
2 x Colgate toothpaste on sale=$7.00
SubTotal.....$12.99

Coupons Used
1 x $3/1 Nature Made VitaMelts IPQ=$3.00
1 x $1/2 Colgate toothpaste ManuQ=$1.00
Coupon Total......$4.00

$12.99-$4.00=$8.99.

When I went to whip out $8 in +Up Rewards, which I had, I found that yesterday's +Up Rewards had printed out like this.......


No barcodes and numbers!!!
I had cut the +Ups off the bottom of my receipt and never even noticed this defect until I went to pay for this order.
Duh.

And being a different store from where they printed out and the cashier was not very high up on the "Rite-Aid food chain" meant she wouldn't/couldn't accept them.
Ugh!
So instead of paying .99¢ OOP I paid $2.99.
Double Ugh!

I received back $10 in +Up Rewards on this order(2 x $3 Colgate, $4 Nature Made).

So after running 2 more errands I stopped by my local Rite-Aid.
I handed over my $2/1 VideoValuesQ I forgot on Sunday(I had my receipt to prove I bought the stuff)and got $2 cash back.
So this offset my $2 extra I just paid out on my last transaction downtown.
Things evened out after all.  8-)

Then I showed them the +Up Rewards that didn't print with barcodes.
Seems the Manager discovered the register wasn't printing barcodes Monday evening so they know of the defect and everyone who shopped there yesterday for the bulk of the day got the same defective barcodes.
They will take them as is and we don't all have to contact the Head Honchoes to get something done about it, thankfully!!

I'll go out later today, after the truck comes with this week's delivery at Rite-Aid, and see if they got any OxiClean dish tabs and/or Nexxus in.
I had wanted to pick some up this week as both would be small moneymakers with the Qs I have & +Ups they give back this week, but there hasn't been enough product on the shelves.  ;-)
If not, I am probably done with Rite-Aid for the week unless I want to pick up 1 more tube of Colgate toothpaste which would be free after Q/+Ups.

I started the week with $8 in +Ups and I have $20 in +Ups right now.
Growing the +Up Rewards big time this week.....

Spent $2.40 total OOP this week so far at R-A and brought home $55.22 worth of stuff.

Sluggy





 

4 comments:

  1. I'm just going to have to move in with you and run deals! That is all the stuff that I use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I have to torture you so cousin..... ;-)

      Delete
  2. Have you found that the Oxy is cheaper than the free Finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I get the Oxi Dishwasher stuff it's free or almost free.
      This week using a $2.25 IPQ, buy 2 for $8, use Q pay $5.75 and get $6 in various +Ups.

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.