Monday, September 29, 2014

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Saturday was a Pot Luck Lunch" Edition---


Here's my plate of food from the Family Reunion.  Yummy homemade goodies like pasta salad, baked beans, Quinoa Salad, Corn Casserole, Mac and Cheese, Green Beans, a Deviled Egg, which was hiding behind the Fried Chicken, and a bottle of water.  I also have a couple of bites of the Baby Back Ribs my brother made.
Tiny helpings(except for that piece of chicken! lol)and some I didn't finish it all.


Onward to the meal planning!

What was planned last week--
1.  Teriyaki Salmon, Coleslaw, Spinach Souffle
2.  Leftover Stuffed Peppers
3.  Zucchini and Chicken over Rice
4.  Lasagna, Spinach Salad
5.  Pizza, Tossed Salad
6.  Eating Out
7.  Eating Out
 
And this is what actually happened--
 
1.  Teriyaki Salmon, Coleslaw, Spinach Souffle
2.  Leftover Stuffed Peppers
3.  Zucchini and Chicken over Rice
4.  Lasagna, Spinach Salad
5.  Leftovers
6.  Eating Out
7.  Eating Out
  
The plan was kept too pretty much, except I didn't buy the pizzas(had the lasagna that night instead) and we ate leftovers one more night during the week.
    
Last week I made 1 trip to Weis Markets and spent $64.93 and 1 trip to Rite-Aid where I spent .94¢.  I left $ for the brother in-law to pick up a few things while they were here(and we were gone to the reunion)and he spent $20 of it(on what I have no clue since he didn't save the receipt).
This adds up to $85.87 in food spending for last week.
I am up to $298.19 for September food spending and once you add in the $5.90 I have spent at Rite-Aid in September, I am at $304.09 total spending for the month.
 
I don't plan on grocery shopping again until after October 1st but I do have another trip to Rite-Aid to undertake so my Sept. total will go up a teeny, tiny bit.  ;-)

 Going into this week, in leftovers we have.........some taco filling and fixings, stuffed peppers, lemon pepper chicken with zuke and lasagna.  Evidently the BIL didn't eat anything I left here for them and explains that $20 they spent. lol

Here is the plan for this week.........

1.  Leftovers
2.  Fish fry, leftover coleslaw, veggie of some kind from the freezer
3.  Leftovers
4.  Leftovers
5.  Pork Chops, Red Cabbage w/Apples
6.  Chili over Rice or with Burritos
7.  Subway sandwiches


Food Waste--nothing.

What I need to buy this week......I haven't checked the sale ads this week so I don't know what I'll get later this week(sometime after Tuesday).I have everything I need here for the 3 new meals on the plan, except some apples.  So apples, salad greens(for lunches) and milk are on my list so far.
   
What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?
Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten that week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?
How much did you spend on food so far in September?
 

Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that you would be shocked and very disappointed in me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I spent $100 this month. I did eat out too much due to my cataract surgery. It was an ordeal!

    I have ground beef, field peas, and boiled potatoes for one more meal. Oh, lots more ground beef, not just one serving. Last night, I put three pounds of ground beef in the crock pot with a cup of water. Five hours later, I had a well-cooked chunk of meat. So, after slicing it, I had it for dinner and can have those slices as hamburgers or whatever. If I have chicken in the freezer, I will have crockpot chicken and salads for the rest of the week. Or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must have missed a post. Why was your bil staying at your house?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your plate of food looks delicious. I was lucky to get 12 pizza bases for 50c marked down, topped them with bits and pieces from fridge and they were divine. Tomorrow is chicken curry from a leftover whole roast chicken. So have not needed to spend much so far this week.
    Ruth - Western Australia

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an awesome variety all in one place. Before reading through and just seeing the picture, I thought you were just in a very happy mood and cooked for half a garrison. Since my parents have been very MIA with the twins being born, let's just say my eating has gone out the window again. I did bake chicken and potatoes one of the days, but other than that, nothing much. Good bye, metabolism.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.