Monday, July 20, 2009

CVS & Price Chopper Quickies on Saturday

After a few hours of recuperating from my Yard Sale Trauma, I was itching to get out of the house. Well, it started because I had a $7 OYNO Cat from Price Chopper(from buying $20 Kraft/Unilever/General Mills Deal a couple of weeks ago)the that was expiring that night.
So I just HAD TO go out.
Yah.....that's my story.....

I hadn't been to CVS in Eight Whole Days!(is that sad or what?) so I went to my favorite one.
This one has the overlapping sales. They start honoring the coming week's sale on Saturday as they put the signage out early Sat. But they also honor the current sales ad prices, so you can do both sale weeks at once. Granted if there is a popular item on sale, since it's the end of the current sales week, they will be OUT of that item. But you can get first crack at the upcoming sales ad hot items.

CVS Transaction #1

2 Pencils @ $1.99=$3.98
2 Filler Paper @ $2.00=$4.00
4 Min-Notebooks(2 different sizes) @.99¢=$3.96
2 Paper-Mate Pen Packs @ .99¢=$1.98
1 Gillette Fusion Razor @ $7.99=$7.99
SubTotal $21.91

Coupons Used
1 Gillette Fusion Razor $3.00
CVS ECBs $12, $1.50, $1=$14.50
CVS $4/$20 Coupon=$4.00
Total $21.50

$21.91-$21.50=$.41+.03¢tax=$.44OOP
Received $4(Gillette Fusion)ECB.
NO ECBs for the School Supplies.
EEK!

So she calls the Manager.
This is how I learned that even though you can go to this CVS the day BEFORE a sale starts and still get the SALE PRICES, you Don't get the ECBS for those items.
Not the best way to learn a lesson IMHO.lolol

So I told the Manager if I couldn't get my ECBS today that I'd like to return everything but the razor & I'd come back on Sunday and buy the items again. I was just trying to play by the rules, now that I knew what the rules at this store were. I wasn't threatening or pissed off(more embarassed really), just matter-of-fact like.
I guess he didn't want the extra paperwork that a return generates or he didn't want his Sunday spoiled by me darkening his door again the next day, because he went over to the other register and after about 10 minutes he produced my ECBs for the stuff.
Oh, from the steam coming out of his ears I could tell he was telling me off in his head.lolol

And I learned something else another time when I had a problem with the ECBs printing.
When they 'force' the ECBs....at least this time and the last time they didn't print, the cashier uses a number to print them that isn't your Customer Care Number. So for these school supplies, there will be no record of me redeeming these ECB offers yet. So I could go back to CVS this week while they are still on sale(and a store still has some in stock)and I could get another set of them and have another set of ECBs print for my card.
Not that I would ever do that, mind you. ;-))
Just a little tidbit of info....

So Updated ECBs...$4Gillette, $14 School Supplies(he rounded the .99 on some up so it was even dollars, no cents)=$18

So I still had to buy some Tylenol Arthritis(I love this stuff!) & I had a $3 off $15 Coupon.


CVS Transaction #2

3 Tylenol Arthritis @$3.99=$11.97
3 Mini First Aid Kits @$.99=$2.97
1 Nutter Butter Cookies @ $1.00=$1.00
SubTotal $15.94

Coupons Used
3 $2/1 Tylenol=$6.00
3 $1/1 J&J Item(adjusted down to .99)=$2.97
CVS $2.50 off a $10 Pain Reliever Purchase=$2.50
CVS $3/$15 Coupon=$3
Total $14.47

$15.94-$14.47=$1.47OOP
Received $9(Tylenol)ECBs

GRAND TOTALS
Value of Items $52.25
Coupons & Sales $50.34
OOP $1.91(includes .03¢ tax)
Savings of 96.35%
ECBs Used $14.50
ECBs Received $4(Gillette),$14(School Supplies),$9(Tylenol)=$27

A quick note****The J&J Travel 1st Aid Kits qualify as part of the Buy $10 in Band-Aid/J&J Red Cross/Neosporin Items, Get $5 ECBs deal this week at CVS. So if I spend $7.03 more on J&J this week, I get $5 ECBs.

Then it was on to Price Chopper to see how far I could make $7 go.
Ok, I confess I spent an additional $3.60.
Shoot me.
Sit down for this.....I took NO COUPONS into the store with me.
Gasp.
I know!


Price Chopper Transaction

1 bunch Bananas on sale $.39lb.=$.79
1 head of Cabbage on sale $.59lb.=$2.47 Not pictured, already used
1 Half Gal. Organic Orange Juice PC Brand=$2.59
3 Containers PC Brand Ice Cream on sale $2.00=$6.00
1 Reduced Pear Cups(for hubby's lunch) half price/torn packaging=$1.25 Not pictured
SubTotal $13.10
No Tax

Coupons Used
(Scanned my card and got PC Qs at the coupon machine)
1 $1 wyb 3 PC brand Ice Cream from machine=$1.00
1 .50¢ off PC OJ Coupon from machine=$.50
2 .50¢ off Dairy Stickers on the OJ Carton=$1.00
1 $7 OYNO Cat.
Total $9.50

$13.10-$9.50=$3.60

Totals
Value of Items $15.47
Coupons & Sales $11.87
OOP $3.60(includes tax)
Savings of 76.75%

Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.