Monday, December 5, 2022

This Week on the Dining Table

The "LA-where you wear it with pride" Edition.....



Louisiana is the sort of place I am finding out where they wear the common man label with pride.  Found this bottle of wine in the local liquor store this past weekend from a local to LA vineyard of a muscadine wine labeled "Redneck Red".  lol

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned.......
1. Sunday--Fend For Yourself (I had a can of soup)
2. Monday--Bake Potato Soup, Rolls, Leftover Turkey Day sides
3. Tuesday--Chicken Strips, Mac and Cheese, Cabbage
4. Wednesday--Shrimp Scampi w/Linguine, more Turkey Day sides
5. Thursday--Beef Pie w/Veggies and Cornbread
6.  Friday--Baked Potato Bar(I've got a lot of taters to use up)
7. Saturday--No Clue yet but I have lots of options in the freezer and some fresh produce to use up.

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Fend For Yourself (I had a can of soup)
2. Monday--Bake Potato Soup, Rolls, Leftover Turkey Day sides
3. Tuesday--Chicken Strips, Cabbage
4. Wednesday--3/4 of a Zaxby's Zalad
5. Thursday--FFY I had Egg Drop Soup
6.  Friday--FFY  I had some Chicken w/Cashews Chinese
7. Saturday--Sloppy  Joes

With being sick the meal plan veered way off course.  Lots more Fend for Yourself later in the week but I was up to cook on Saturday because I had a bag of cooked ground beef in the freezer.  It was what is was.

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  5 bags of frozen veggies
*  4 TV dinners
*  3 whole Chickens
*  2.86 lbs. of Ground Beef
*  3 small Eye of round Steaks
*  2 Ginormous 1/2 Chicken Breasts(seriously HUGE!)
*  6 Chicken Thighs

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  some Bacon
*  some Chicken Strips     
*  a bag of Cooked Ground Beef                                   

I hit Super 1 Foods for meats and frozen veggies as they had good sale(whole chickens for .87¢ lb.) Walmart for some stuff/deals with rebates to the tune of $133.01 last week.
This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $133.01 for December.  

There are 26 shopping days left in December.

I've earned $34.90 on Ibotta in December.
I've earned $1.00 on Checkout51 in December.
I've earned $12.50 on Coupons dotcom in December.
I've earned 9,360 points from shopping on Fetch in December.
I earned 2,390 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in December.
I've earned 514 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in December.

That's $48.40 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $133.01 in grocery spending so in reality it's $84.61 spent after the 3 rebate apps I count.

My savings percentage for the last week was 37.71% and the monthly savings total for December comes in at 37.71% so far.  

Leftovers going into this week.....Sloppy Joe filling, 1 helping of Baked Potato Soup, Cole Slaw.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Fish, Cole Slaw, Baked Sweet Potato
2. Monday--Leftovers or ?
3. Tuesday--TV dinners
4. Wednesday--Out to Eat in Texas
5. Thursday--Sissie's house or out to eat
6.  Friday--Sissie's house or out to eat
7. Saturday--Cruise ship food!

Using up anything open that might go bad or take it to my daughter's house Mode.

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Nothing at all.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy 

1 comment:

  1. “Redneck Red”…as a self proclaimed queen of rednecks, and wear the redneck label proudly, I so feel this post ….lol . You can take the gal out of da country, but you cannot take da country out of the gal!!! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.