Here is how September's To-Do List turned out....
* Pay Bills DONE We got all the bills paid for Sept. So many bills, soooo many bills....*Sluggy buries her head in her hands*
* Pack & Move DONE It was painful and long but we got it done. 3 days to drive here.
*Read 1 Book FAIL Is it any wonder why I didn't do this this month? lol
* Hold Giveaway FAIL No Giveaway in September and they are suspended until some unknown date.
* Mail Giveaway FAIL Ditto
* Clean out Inserts/Coupon Envie DONE Well this chore has become easy as I haven't gotten a newspaper/coupon insert since August and I have very few coupons left.
* Edit more Old Photos DONE I almost caught on a photo editing until I went to Florida earlier in October. lol
* Post about Old Trips FAIL With the move I've done very little of anything but pack boxes, drive and survive at my daughter's house. 8-)
* Work on Genealogy FAIL Nope, see above.
* Arrange for moving POD and Dumpster rental DONE Dumpster came, was filled and left. POD came, was filled and left. Pods didn't hold it all so we had to rent a storage unit too which Hubs has to go back and bring that all down here. Imagine if we hadn't gotten rid of a dumpster worth and about 12 car loads full of stuff to charity? Geez
* Spend Bonus Cash DONE I spent it all down. Got a few things we needed like dog food and snacks for the move. I bought stuff for 2 employees I liked as well to use it all up. Gonna miss Rite-Aid and my friends there. 8-(((
* Eat Down the Freezer/Pantry DONE We ate down as much as we could. Anything we couldn't fit in two tubs(non-perishable stuff)was given away to family and friends. We did have to throw a bit out as well. Sigh.....
* Pack for the Move DONE Somehow it all got packed up with help from 2 of our adult kids. We left some appliances(stove, fridge, dishwasher, washer, dryer, lawnmower, chest freezer, smoker)for whomever buys the house along with extra flooring material, ice melt, snow shovels, etc.
* Power Wash House and Porch DONE Younger son came and helped out with this. The outside looked sparkly. Hubs also did a final seal on the back deck.
* Put House on the Market DONE We signed the contract, the agent brought in a cleaning crew to spiffy up the interior and the sign went up in the front yard before we got to Louisiana.
* Move DONE Yep we hauled ass outta PA September 12th and arrived here late on the 14th. Now we wait for the house to sell.
While some To-Do List items fell by the wayside(cuz they weren't important or time sensitive right now)a lot got done(well it HAD TO get done!). Moving halfway across the country is difficult even when things go right. We've still got possessions in PA but by this time next week they will all be here in LA. We donated or threw out what we didn't love and what would cost more to move than to replace once we landed somewhere here.
Do I ever want to do this again? That would be a definite NO! I'd rather slit my wrists actually. I'll live here until it's time to haul my dead carcass off. If you'd have told me I'd celebrate my 40th Wedding Anniversary by packing up my life and hauling it 1,431 miles I'd have said you need your head examined. Moving puts a strain on finances and relationships in even the best marriages. 8-)
Can I just say that I am GLAD this phase is over?? ;-)
Have you ever pulled up stakes and moved your life a long distance? What was your experience like?