Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Busy Today....No Time to Write

So this happened yesterday.........


Hubs and I took a drive to the farm stand/pick your own place yesterday.
We picked colorful bell type peppers(no green ones)....19.61 lbs. of them.
We also got half a dozen ears of corn and 2 large yellow squash.
Grand total of $18.50 of September's food budget.  (We also hit Aldi while we were near there and spent $32.70.)

So I've got to prep all these peppers today.  Some will go into Chicken Fajitas which I am making tonight for dinner.  The rest will get cut into strips or chunks and put into the freezer for this Winter's eating.

I've also have a large stock pot full of skinned tomatoes to boil down and can(plus any more tomatoes I pick out of the garden today).

But first it's off to Rite-Aid(Wellness Wednesday)and Weis(PMITA)Markets to see what deals I can find so I've got no time to write anything exciting today.
Aren't you sad? ;-)

What is everyone else up to today?


Sluggy


4 comments:

  1. Honey I knew you were just so busy. Come and can my tomatoes will you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy your picking and canning time. Maybe next year will work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such a busy time of year for everyone. You got a great deal on those peppers!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.