Saturday, September 28, 2019

2019 Food Spending Report.....the September Edition

* I am posting this a few days early as I am done food spending for September.  Anything bought between now and Oct. 1st will go on October's food budget. *

Onward to September's food spending report.......



Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for SEPTEMBER 2019.

I have posted September's totals on the Total Grocery Savings Page located HERE and have updated the Totals there.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in September.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Sum.  My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods & tax where applicable. We are a family of 5(3 at home this month). No "kids" under 23.
*****************

ALDI'S
OOP  $32.70
Value  $54.61
Savings  40.12%

BREAD OUTLET
OOP  $4.89
Value  $15.96
Savings  69.96%

FARM
OOP  $18.50
Value  $70.63
Savings  73.81%

MALACARI'S
OOP  $40.28
Value  $69.76
Savings  42.26%

OCEAN STATE JOB LOT
OOP  $100.72
Value  $221.75
Savings 54.58 %

RITE-AID
OOP  $0.00
Qs/Ads/BC  $249..98
Value  $249.98
Savings  100%

SHURSAVE MARKETS
OOP  $24.15
Qs/Ads $15.89
Value  $40.04
Savings 39.69%

TARGET
OOP  $12.51
Value  $25.29
Savings  50.53%

WALMART
OOP  $47.13
Value  $70.40
Savings  33.05%

WEIS
OOP  $181.44
Qs/Ads  $266.20
Value  $447.64
Savings  59.47%

*********************
My best 3 Store Savings Totals were Rite-Aid at 100%, the Farm at 73.81% and the Bread Outlet 69.96%. My worst savings rate was at Walmart with 33.05%.
I shopped at 10 different stores in September.

TOTAL Spent.........................................$462.32
TOTAL Coupons/Store Sales.................$553.76
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased........$1016.08
TOTAL Savings of ................................54.50%

TOTAL Out of Pocket for September w/R-A........$462.32
TOTAL Coupons/Store Sales w/R-A....................$803.74
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased w/Rite-Aid....$1266.06
TOTAL Savings with Rite-Aid items.....................63.48%

This closes out the September food/toiletries spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month.....
We spent well OVER my $400 budgeted amount for food/toiletries in September.

The monthly food spending savings percentage went DOWN by 5.08% in September 2019 to 63.48% compared to the August 68.56% savings average.


With 9 months accounted for, I have spent a Year-To-Date Total of $3,513.76 on food/toiletries in 2018.


2019 Yearly Total Spent To Date....................$3,513.76
2019 Yearly Total Value of Items To Date....$13,402.46
2019 Total Saved To Date...............................$9,888.70
2019 Yearly Savings Total To Date of............73.78%

The average per month amount spent so far is $390.42 in 2019 which went up $8.99 per month due to more spending in September.

LOOKING AHEAD To October 2019.......
I will be gone for a lot of October.  Food I buy while awhile won't count against my food budget except for items I buy to bring home to use.  Hubs will be "in charge" of food spending for most of this month. It should be an interesting month because of that. lolz  I have no clue if we'll stay under $400 for October or not.  Stay tuned.....

If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share yours with us all.

*  How much did you spend on food/toiletries in September?

*  Do you track your yearly food spending?

*  What was your savings percentage buying on sale and/or with coupons vs. buying at regular retail price last month, if you track that sort of thing?

*  What are your methods for keeping your food spending in check?

Is anyone out there up for tracking expenditures and trying to spend less but still eat well?


Sluggy

11 comments:

  1. Great blog here! Also your website loads up very fast!

    What host are you using? Can I get your affiliate
    link to your host? I wish my site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you determine the % saving at Aldi? do you compare t their ad or old prices, as mine only has the current price so I can't tell what is the value and what is OOP-for me they would be the same from my local store so I am curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam, I generally use the reg. retail price at Weis, which is my "usual" store to shop at or if it's a particular item, where I usually buy that and that stores reg. shelf price. HTH

      Delete
  3. I stopped trying to follow a food budget a few years ago. Found myself spending more just because money was leftover. Now I buy whatever is missing from the meal plan plus the usual lettuce, baby spinach, bananas, etc. Then I check out the store for sales, close outs and manager’s specials. If it’s something we use for a great price I tend to buy it all. Or as much as I have room for in the freezers.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is interesting now because Tommy and I both buy food. I do the purchase with his card for what he wants and get it cheaper. I still spend about the same amount as before. He does not know it, but one of us is going to buy a tiny freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alas I don't do any of these sensible things; I wish we would.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the valuable information you provide in your articles.

    I'll bookmark your blog and check again here frequently.
    I am quite certain I will learn plenty of new stuff right here!

    Good luck for the next!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there, just was aware of your blog via Google, and located that it
    is truly informative. I'm gonna watch out for brussels.

    I'll appreciate should you continue this in future.
    A lot of other people will likely be benefited out of your writing.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some really interesting points you have written.Assisted me a
    lot, just what I was searching for :D.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What's up, just wanted to tell you, I liked this post. It was inspiring.
    Keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet web site, super layout, real clean and utilize
    pleasant.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.