Friday, April 13, 2018

Weis & Other Shopping This Past Week


Oops!
I thought I posted my Weis trip when I wrote up the Frugal Friday post but I hadn't so here it is.....

Here is everything I bought at Weis this week............



5 x Powerade drinks on sale .57¢ wyb5=$2.85 *not pictured
1 x Tin of Anchovies on sale=$1.79 *not pictured
3 x Kellogg's cereals $1.76 wyb3=$5.01
1 x Kellogg's new cereal reg. price=$3.39
4 x Hormel wraps on sale $1.25=$5.00
1 x OM Cotto Salami reg. price=$3.50
SubTotal..........$21.54

Coupons Used
3 x .50¢/1 Kellogg's cereals(2 Raisin Bran/1 Rice Krispies)IPQ doubled=$3.00
1 x Free new cereal wyb3 other Kellogg's cereals IPQ*free up to $3*=$3.00
4 x .50¢/1 Hormel wraps IPQ doubled=$4.00
1 x $3/1 Instant Discount Sticker on OM package=$3.00
Coupon Total.......$13.00

$21.54-$13.00=$8.54 OOP

When I eat cold cereal Raisin Bran and Multi-Grain Cheerios are my preferred types.  The Rice Krispies can always be made into treat bars for College Boy and the Chocolate Donut cereal was free(well almost free)with my Q and one of the kids will eat it(if not, I'll donate it to the food bank).  CB requested the Powerades, the anchovies were needed for a new recipe I tried this week and Hubs wanted the salami for lunchtime sandwiches(and with the instant discount sticker it was .50¢....nice).
The Hormel wraps were something to try for CB.....he often needs a quick handheld something to eat as he rushes off  to the studio or when he gets in late at night.

Other grocery stops this week--

I picked up a head of iceberg lettuce at Shursave on the way home for $1.28 for our club sandwich meal.

There was a Maine Source restaurant supply store run last Sunday for $54.65 which included a 5 lb. log of Cooper cheese($3.59 lb. this way as opposed to $7.99 a lb. reg. price at the grocery store delis), gallon of veggie oil, 10 lb. of onions, gallon of milk, 1K pack of napkins, 1/2 lb. of deli roast beef , loose zucchini, yellow squash, a rutabaga, tomatoes, bananas, 2 lb. packs of whole mushrooms and 3 pints of blueberries.  I had a $5 wyb $50+ emailed Q so saved another $5 off the great prices there.

A stop at Dollar Tree for lasagna noodles(Maine Source wanted $3 for them)so I could make the lasagna on Sunday.  I also picked up potato bread rolls for CB and a big pouch of cornbread mix so $3 out the door.

This is all the grocery shopping that got done this week.  $67.47 OOP.

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. Post how CB liked the wraps. I' always on the look out for a grab an dgo, but yet substantial snack for my kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, again! We were doing so well on the grocery budget then I went to The Pig and happened on a wine tasting. 8 bottles of wine later the budget was blown to smithereens.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.