Monday, February 6, 2017

This Week on the Dining Table

The "I Got Nothing" Edition--

No photo, no ideas for this one.  Well lots going on but no time to hash it all out here.  Maybe later in the week I'll get a post up.

Moving on......

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned last week--

1. Sunday--Pork Chops, Stuffing(using leftover stuffing), Cauliflower in cheese sauce
2. Monday--Tacos or Taco Salads
3. Tuesday--Beef Stroganoff, Rice, Green Beans *
4. Wednesday--Hot Dogs on Rolls, Beans, maybe something else too
5. Thursday--Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup
6. Friday--Pizza
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Pork Chops, Stuffing(using leftover stuffing), Cauliflower in cheese sauce
2. Monday--Tacos or Taco Salads
3. Tuesday--Beef Stroganoff, Rice
4. Wednesday--Hot Dogs on Rolls, Beans
5. Thursday--frozen Pizza, Tossed Salad
6. Friday--Leftover Pork Chops, Baked Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts(I had tater and sprouts.)
7. Saturday--Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup, Biscuits

Basically everything planned got served, though not always on the day it was suppose to be.
6 meals cooked at home, 1 of them nights of leftovers or Fend For Yourself, and 1 night of frozen pizza.


As for the grocery spending.....2 trips to Weis,  brought the food spending last week to $120.89 and brought my February food spending total to $120.89 for the month.  There are 22 days left in the month.

My savings percentages last week was 52.18%.  Anything over 50% is awesome. 8-)

Leftovers going into this week.......Beef Stroganoff, Rice, Taco filling, Pizza, Soup and Biscuits.

Here is this week's "food plan"....
* Denotes "complicated" meals

1. Sunday--Frozen Pizza, Tossed Salad
2. Monday--Chinese Chicken, Fried Rice w/Veggies *
3. Tuesday--Haluski
4. Wednesday--Leftover Tacos
5. Thursday--?
6. Friday--Daughter has injection so something leftover or Fend for Yourself
7. Saturday--?

I still haven't sorted out the whole week's menu so I'll come back to this later.

This week will see 6 new meals cooked, 0 nights of Take-Out/Eating-Out and 1 night of Leftovers.

What I need to buy for this menu?  I have ingredients for everything planned so far.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?


Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. Let's see - I think we stuck to the menu plan for the entire week last week, and no meals out. Except, we had the soup that I was planning on serving tonight for lunch over the weekend, because. . . everyone is sick. So, I'll need to rejigger that. I've also noticed that appetites are increasing (soccer practice is back & the boys are growing like weeds), so I need to likely make one more meal on the weekends for serving on weeknights.

    Menu this week: a pasta casserole tonight, leftover homemade pizza tomorrow, soup & pasta on Wednesday, fiesta chicken rice dish on Thursday, & anything leftover on Friday. if no leftovers, something out of the freezer.

    Best deal at the grocery store: I was going to stock up on chocolate chips at Costco, and found the smaller bags on sale at the grocery store for $.57/bag. I was able to buy as many as in the Costco bag for about 1/2 price. #win

    ReplyDelete
  2. We stuck to our meal plan and did not eat out last week. Hoping to continue the same this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meal planning? Since pulling together our Super Bowl snack feast, we have just sort of eaten whatever landed in a bowl, or on a plate. This week has not been good for planning of any kind.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.