Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Another Trip to Rite-Aid....Last One, I Promise! Or Maybe Not....lolz

While I was checking out at Rite-Aid on Sunday I saw the cashier had a sheet of 50% shelf stickers laying on the counter.
She had interrupted her "sticker placing" to ring me up.
I notice one of the 50% off stickers was for a Tresemme product(and buying 2 this week gets you a $3 +Up Reward)so I gathered my $2/1 Tresemme Qs and went back today while I was out dropping the Hubs at the auto repair shop.

Here's what I picked up.......


2 x Tresemme split end 'Poo 50% off=$6.98
1 x Colgate mouthwash on sale=$2.99
1 x Aleve PM 20% Wellness discount=$5.43
1 x Mucinex tea 20% Wellness discount=$6.23
SubTotal......$21.63

Coupons Used
2 x $2/1 Tresemme ManuQ=$4.00
1 x .75¢/1 Colgate mouthwash IPQ=$.75
1 x $2/1 Aleve item IPQ=$2.00
1 x $1/1 Aleve VideoValuesQ=$1.00
1 x $6.99/1 Mucinex tea In-AdQ=$6.99
Coupon Total.....$14.74

$21.63-$14.74=$6.89
I used $6 in +Up Rewards and paid .89¢ OOP.
I received back $7 in new +Up Rewards($3 wyb2 Tresemme, $2 Colgate, $2 Aleve PM)

The 50% off Tresemme combined with the Qs and the +Up Reward it gives back this week means FREE 'Poo! 8-)

This means instead of going into BF sales I have $19 in +Ups, not $18 in +Ups.

BUT--I remembered that I have a deal in my Savingstar account......Spend $25 on Bayer Products and get $5 cash back.

The Aleve PM is a qualifying product so I have $10.86 toward $25 spent.

The 2 Alka-Seltzer cold meds I bought at Target Saturday also qualify. 
So I am attempting to go through their "send them a photo of your receipt and UPCs" Feature on Savingstar to send those purchases and if it works, I'll have $20.24 toward that $5 rebate.

In this case, I'll be going back to Rite-Aid this week to buy one more bottle of Aleve PM.
After +Ups and Qs this last bottle will "cost" me either $1.43(if bought alone) or .67¢(if bought with another Mucinex tea). 
Either way after all is spent and +Ups and $5 Target gift card and Qs I'll be out $3.81 or less.....BUT after the $5 Rebate on Savingstar I'll be in a moneymaker situation of $2-$3 for all 5 items. 
Yay me!

Just working all the angles I can to get the most bang for my bucks.....
8-)))

Sluggy
 

3 comments:

  1. I have been working more of the angles lately. I mean, if you cannot wash your hair or dishes, just play with the drug stores.

    Thanks for the gofundme help. It is slowly getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait! I thought you got rinse and Aleve PM last time! Be careful with them pills and don't knock yourself out!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.