Wednesday, September 11, 2013

This Week on The Dining Table

The "Better Late Than Never" Edition......

Tomatoes from the Garden, as far as the eye can see........

 Here's what was planned last week--

Sunday--Hot Dogs on rolls(leftover), homemade Pickles
Monday--London Broil sandwiches with mushrooms and onions, Salad
Tuesday--BLT Sandwiches(garden tomatoes)
Wednesday--Leftover London Broil & Green Bean stirfry
Thursday--Eggplant Parmesan, Caprese Salad
Friday--Tacos, Corn
Saturday--leftovers or Fend for Yourself Night

And here's what actually got eaten--

Sunday--Hot Dogs on rolls(leftover), homemade Pickles
Monday--London Broil sandwiches with mushrooms and onions, Salad
Tuesday--BLT sandwiches(garden tomatoes)
Wednesday--? what Hubs ate, I didn't eat-too tired.went to bed early
Thursday--Chinese take-out
Friday--leftover Chinese take-out with leftover green beans
Saturday--chili dogs on rolls, Me BLT sandwich and bagged spinach salad w/strawberries

So Wed., Thur., and Fri. meals are moved yet again to this coming week
  
As for food spending last week.....I spent $76.03 on groceries at 2 stores. 

As for food waste, we had to throw out a small amount of watermelon that got mealy and old.
  
Leftovers going into this week? Still 1/2 a loaf of homemade bread, a hunk of London broil, a  butt load of green beans and tomatoes from the garden and 4 cups of broccoli florets.

Here's this week's meal plan---
 
Sunday--Hamburgers, Green Beans, Roasted Potatoes and Onions
Monday--Cheddar Broccoli Soup(garden broccoli)
Tuesday--Tacos (I  had leftover roasted potatoes and onions instead.)
Wednesday--Eggplant Parmesan(sauce using garden tomatoes), Caprese Salad, Garlic Bread(leftover bread)
Thursday--Roasted Chicken, Carrots, Onions, Stuffing
Friday--London Broil/Green Beans Stir fry, Rice
Saturday--Fish fry, Beets, Coleslaw

On the shopping list......fresh mozzarella, maybe fish(have to check the bowels of the freezer compartment), cabbage(for coleslaw), milk.  If I buy fish it will be a 3lb. bag and run $20 so we'll have more than we need for this week.  Fresh Mozz is $6.99 lb., milk $2.00 and cabbage about $2 a head.  We have apples I bought last week and canned fruit so I'll pass on fresh fruit this week and I'll pass on deli meat for lunches-I have leftover soup, some bacon for a BLT left and I can use leftover chicken from Thursday's dinner for Friday's lunch.    Groceries should run about $40 this week.

That's what's appearing on the kitchen table this week here at Chez Sluggy. 
  
 What's getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, let me help you with this weeks meals-TOMATOES. They need nothing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had grown those tomatoes, I would be having BLTs at most meals.

    MY meals this week will be heavy on the celery. I bought celery for $.78/lb, seven heads. This will be dehydrated, but I wanted to use some fresh in chicken salad and tuna salad.

    I have thawed a patty of hamburger, a pack of chicken breasts, and have pork cooked. There is cabbage. carrots, salad greens, lots of fruit, potatoes, so I will just wander in and put something together. Oh, there is a bowl of carrots, potatoes, and cabbage already cooked that we had with the pork cutlets. Leftovers will be dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.