Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What's On The Dining Table

The "Best Laid Plans Go Awry" Edition......



 Here's what was planned last week--

Sunday--Hamburgers, Green Beans, Roasted Potatoes and Onions
Monday--Cheddar Broccoli Soup(garden broccoli)
Tuesday--Tacos (I  had leftover roasted potatoes and onions instead.)
Wednesday--Eggplant Parmesan(sauce using garden tomatoes), Caprese Salad, Garlic Bread
Thursday--Roasted Chicken, Carrots, Onions, Stuffing
Friday--London Broil/Green Beans Stir fry, Rice
Saturday--Fish fry, Beets, Coleslaw

And here's what actually got eaten--

Sunday--Hamburgers, Green Beans, Roasted Potatoes and Onions
Monday--Cheddar Broccoli Soup(garden broccoli)
Tuesday--Tacos (I had leftover taters and onions.)
Wednesday--Eggplant Parmesan, Green Salad(leftover greens, garden tomatoes)
Thursday--leftovers(I had broccoli soup.)
Friday--Chinese take-out
Saturday--leftovers (I had a turkey sandwich.)

So Wed., Thur., and Fri. meals are moved yet again to this coming week
  
As for food spending last week.....I spent $29.44 on $65.36 worth of groceries at 1 store.  Actually Hubs spent the $ as I was in no shape to go shopping from Wednesday on.

As for food waste, we had a cantaloupe go bad since I was indisposed and nobody else it seems can clean a cantaloupe so we could eat it. 8-(  A hunk of my homemade bread also got too stale to eat so it became squirrel food.
  
Leftovers going into this week--a hunk of London broil, a butt load of green beans and tomatoes from the garden.

Here's this week's meal plan---
 
Sunday--Leftovers (I had my leftover Chinese Food.)
Monday--Leftover London Broil cut thin for beef hoagies(with caramelized onions and melted provolone cheese), stir fried Green Beans
Tuesday--Roasted Chicken with Onions & Carrots, Stuffing(for the menfolk), Cranberry "Glop"
Wednesday--Frozen Pizzas(I can have a small piece), Caprese Salad
Thursday--Broccoli Casserole, maybe Pork chops if I can dig them out, Applesauce
Friday--no clue but will probably involve tomatoes and/or green beans lolz
Saturday--ditto

On the shopping list......Hubs already bought steak rolls, provolone cheese, lettuce, a loaf of wheat bread(for his lunch sandwiches), so I still need, frozen pizzas, a ball of fresh mozzarella and basil, milk, perhaps some more broccoli and who knows what else!  If Hubs feels like doing a major shop I'll say $100 for this plus picking up some more deals for this week to use next week.  Goodness knows I have only spent just over $103 to this point in September of the food budget, due to not being able to get to the store with my foot, so I can afford a big shopping trip. 8-)

That's what's appearing on the kitchen table this week here at Chez Sluggy. 
  
 What's getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. I am trying not to shop at all as we're heading for a weekend away and are going out to eat the next two nights. However, I've had a big box of pears and some fresh home-grown apples to deal with so today I am baking a pie and making pear/apple sauce! Teddy is getting a lot of pear-based veggie slop over the next few weeks. The next batch will be pears and peas. She has discerning tastes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part of my problem is my food does not proper names. What is all this Caprese s@$t? Can I have a London broil in Alabama? Is it still "LONDON"? I just need to fancy up my food with a name. Then, assign it a day. That way I won't feel so lacking in the food department.

    Chicken, onions, carrots, green beans, onions, grapes, apples, bananas, cheese sauce, salad greens, eggs, bacon, tuna/

    A chain grocery store is going out of business in this town. So, there could be other things on the menu because of fantastic sales. Today, I got things already marked 20% off store wide. At the register, another 25% was taken off the total bill, then another 5% was subtracted because it is Wednesday, and I am a senior. One item was already marked 50% off, and still received the 20% and 5% off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those syringes and "dinner" don't go well together!

    This week I'm just gonna have Chinese because, well, I am lazy. Heh. Just one $12.50 order will last me for 4 days, so I am good. Heavens know I've already spent over $40 at my parents' place for food! Next week, I'll be having chicken thighs with veggies(?). That's the plan, anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh good, it's Wednesday & I still haven't figured out a menu yet! Crap. Okay, here's what I'm thinking

    I made spaghetti sauce (Trader Joes provided the base of the sauce, since I had to leave behind all of my homemade/frozen stuff) with sautéed peppers + some dry salami leftover from a cheese tray. It was actually super yummy. Sounds weird.

    Today will be grilled chicken, asparagus, & some sort of a carb. Homemade bread? I guess I should get on that.

    Tomorrow - leftover pasta + sauce

    Friday - leftovers. I'm going out with a friends. ;-)

    Saturday - Hoping to make homemade pizza.

    Sunday - May do tacos or homemade burgers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those syringes just threw me off. LOL!

    I would put the hurt on someone if a cantalope went bad at my house.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.