Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday Monday....Enough already with the Rain!

Here are some thoughts on this dreary Monday....

I feel like I've been sleeping for 3 days nonstop.  I blame all the rain.  I am now getting congested it's gone on so long.  I don't even feel like working on any scenarios or chasing any deals.  If I get the urge I just go look in my living room at the boxes of stuff I am taking to the flea market next month....that cures me right fast!

I have decided that nothing smells worse than 3 days of wet dog....

I stayed out of the grocery stores again last week.  Except for that little spurt a week ago Friday at Price Chopper and on Saturday at Weis and the local independent market, I have NOT done any shopping for 21 days out of the last 23 days.  And I am too lethargic to want to go.
I need a doctor and fast!lol
Hubby has bought milk, celery, eggs and cheese last week-most of it at Walmart of all places!lol(PS-I don't shop at Walmart but DH thinks it's the "bee's knees".)

I watched reruns of the TLC Hoarders:Buried Alive Show on Sunday evening.  I saw one I had missed when they first ran it.  This unmarried woman(mid 40's I think)had moved back in with her widowed mother and had filled this large home with her crap.  Among the things she 'collected'?.....Fabric.
Yikes!
That hit a little too close to home for me.... ;-)

I've been plodding along with the eBay stuff.  No weirdos, scammers or non-payers last week....yeah!  With the rain and my lethargy I am struggling getting stuff listed and sorted out.  I did get another load together for Sallie's however and I've been fairly productive this morning having written up listings for a box+ worth of stuff. 

What can be more frugal than to stay home, not spend money and actually make money?  If this is true then I am the Goddess of Frugality lately....

I need to get my Meal Plan going for the week.  I made up 28 Manicotti yesterday. Fixed half for dinner and froze the other 14 for later.  Today I pulled out pork chops and I'll pan saute them and make a plum sauce, serving them with the last of the Stove Top boxes and whatever frozen veggie the kids pull out of the freezer later today.
Oh, and I am so making that peanut butter & chocolate crock pot cake/pie/thing that Mommy The Coupon Hunter made and talked about on her blog!  Don't even go look unless you want to gain 10lbs. from reading the recipe.lol

And I found this guy in my boxes--anybody remember this guy?  Of course you will be gracious friends and refrain from looking at my messy desk behind him.....
Who remembers what 3 things you can't do in regards to a Gremlin? 8-)
If this is true, I think I am a gremlin....

So what is everyone else up to today?
Me?....I'm growing moss on my northern facing parts.

Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. We've had a lot of rainy, cloudy days lately, too. But hey, our rain tanks are all full again!

    I used to stuff and freeze manicotti all the time. I haven't done it in ages, but I need to get some and make them again.

    Don't forget to do a 180 so you get even coverage with that moss. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thinking Hoarding is one of the best shows ever! I love it and it has the same effect on me. If I had my way, I would get rid of half of our stuff. But this suggestion never goes over with the people that I live with. Why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I love Gizmo! I can only think of 2 things you can't do to gremlins: you can't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight. I didn't know there was a 3rd thing.

    It is sunny and beautiful here. I wish I were at home in bed.....and it was raining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to watch the hoarding show. It makes me think of what needs to go in our house. You do sound like the Goddess of Frugality. : )

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.