Monday, April 19, 2010

Decluttering Last Week

Here's what I sent packing out of my life last Week......



Power Rangers Pajamas anyone?  New with tags.  These will make some kid real happy....



Various VHS movies, a dvd and a book.  I must say I will miss Frankenweenie and Galaxy Quest(that movie is funny as heck!)



Assorted crossword puzzle books, stamps and ink pads that I am never going to use.




5 new with tags sweaters.  Now WHY on EARTH did I even ever buy these?  Yes, they are cozy and soft and most people up here need them in the winter.  Notice I said 'most people'......'most people' is not ME!  I hardly even wear a coat in the winter and have been known to walk barefoot in snow(briefly)and not be pained in anyway by this.  I overheat easily.  I can't stand wearing sweaters!!!lol
I probably bought these because they were on clearance and the price was too low to pass up.
The bad thing is....I still have 4 sweaters in my room that I am not emotionally ready to give up yet.  Is this sick or what?lol

Hands-free phone thingy that DH donated to the cause.  It never worked right with his phone.  He hardly talks on it anyway so he just pulls over if he feels the urge to chat.

An old Avon Make-up case with plastic containers inside.  A big stack of TY Beanie Babie(yes, I can use the word BEANIE here because it's a ty thing)Sticker Cards.  Another of my stupid "why did I ever buy this?" purchases.  Confession time--I was a beanie baby addict 10 yrs. ago.  I drank the Kool-aid and even became obsessed with Beanie Cards.  All the while I told myself it was something I bought/did/collected with my kids....and to an extent we did share the whole beanie experience.  I do know I never would have started in on the beanies stuff if I didn't have kids who were interested.   I'm surprised my hubby didn't have me committed!lol


Diabetes Meters.  Another of my extreme couponing purchases from last year.  Diabetes Meters=free money.


This is what left my house last week.
37 Items.
Show us what left your house!


Sluggy

7 comments:

  1. Just when I thought you and I were kindred spirits, you blow it all with the sweaters. :( I love sweaters and will keep one or two sweaters out throughout the summer. Also a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt. Also my afghans on the back of the couch. I can't stand to be cold.

    I did take pictures of my donations, but not the scrap that Shane put out at the curb yesterday. I might post them tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie J--While I am not a sweater person really I did find myself actually getting cold this winter. Now that could be from lack of activity and having the heat turned down lower....
    I like short sleeves mostly. I find long sleeves(and sweaters)just too confining or something, especially when I am cooking or working around the house.
    We can still be kindred spirits despite the sweating thing, right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it socially acceptable to donate a husband and a couple of kids?
    You make me want to purge. That didn't come out right. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! SonyaAnn!

    Sluggy, good job. It looks like you did some major decluttering. And all those goodies will find homes with someone that will need and love them.

    I may need to do some decluttering. Most of our "clutter" is Hubby's and it is pretty well organized, but my closet still has some inhabitants that need to move on. Maybe I will do that this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously need to do a lot more than declutter, but as long as most of it's DH's stuff and we haven't settled the whole married/not-married thing yet, I can't really - in good conscience - toss too much of his stuff out. So I keep decluttering mine in small doses so as not to burn out on the idea ;) We have our semi-annual "Riff Raff" day coming up next month, when the garbage folks will pick up waaaay more crap than the usual garbage can or two full. I would love to put out literally almost a ton of stuff. But again, may not happen this year or this Spring.

    I love those sweaters!!!!! They look so wonderfully soft and warm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty--small doses are the best way to do it. I get overwhelmed easily other wise. But I do get into purge mode about once a year and just HAVE TO get it all out and NOW! so I take advantage of those spurts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SonyaAnn--if hubbys and kids could be donated(as well as DOGS!), I'd be first in line some days....lol
    And I'm so glad I trigger your gag reflex....

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.