Monday, June 8, 2020

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Missing My Friends" Edition..........

When Hubs and I went to Ollie's last Monday I saw this journal there.  I had to chuckle and take a photo of it because it reminded me of a fellow blogger I haven't seen since October and how much I miss her. 8-(

Moving On....
Onward to the meal planning-

This is what was planned.........

1. Sunday--Leftovers(I had a deli chicken sandwich)
2. Monday--Kielbasi on rolls, Sweet Potato fries, leftover sides
3. Tuesday--Beef Stroganoff, Green Beans
4. Wednesday--Fend For Yourself
5. Thursday--Chinese Take-out(or maybe FFY as it's Hershey medical appt. day)
6. Friday--Hungarian Goulash, Noodles
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And this is what really happened.......

1. Sunday--Leftovers(I had a deli chicken sandwich)
2. Monday--Kielbasi on rolls, Sweet Potato wedges, leftover sides(I had sweet potato wedges and some leftover baked beans.)
3. Tuesday--Chicken and Dumplings w/Carrots
4. Wednesday--Fend For Yourself
5. Thursday--Chinese Take-out meal(I just got soup.)
6. Friday--Beef Stroganoff, Salad(I just had salad.)
7. Saturday--Leftovers


Last week saw 3 nights of home cooked dinners, 3 nights of leftovers/FFY, and 1 night of Take-Out.
The Chicken n' Dumplings and the Stroganoff finally got made on the cooler days this past week.  For the foreseeable future no heavy/oven type meals until September.
Meals are changing around here due to what I am trying not to eat due to medical issues.  I still fix regular meals for the menfolk but I am eating differently from them.

What got put into the freezer last week....
* 4 tv dinners
* 1 casserole meal
* 4 pack of breakfast sandwiches
* 2 pack pork loin

What got taken out of the freezer and used.....
* 1 Kielbasi sausage
* Chicken broth
* Chicken meat leftover from roasted chicken
* 2 packs of Stew Beef

1 trip each to Ollie's($5.58), Sharp Shopper($100.06), P and R for milks, deli meats/cheese, Greek yogurt, slaw mix and yellow squash($15.57) and 75% clearance shopping at Rite-Aid on last Friday where I actually spent money!($28.40)(a post on that coming soon)had me spending $149.61 total this past week and brings my June Total spending on food/toiletries/HBA/paper goods so far to $149.61.
I doubt Hubs will do any grocery shopping while I am gone(but he will get Domino's is a safe bet. lol)so I am not too worried about being so high on food so early into the month.

I am at $1.80 total earned in Ibotta rebates in June.

My savings percentage last week was 63.65%(without "regular"Rite-Aid trips)for June and the monthly savings total comes in at 63.65%(w/out R-A).  
I have 23 more food shopping/spending days in June.

Leftovers going into this week........2 or so helpings of beans, chicken and dumplings, beef stroganoff and rice.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Leftovers(Hubs-Goulash over Rice, Me-Soup, Strawberries)
2. Monday--Salmon, Sweet Potatoes, Green Beans
3. Tuesday--Hot Dogs and Burgers, Salad
4. Wednesday--Fend For Yourself/Leftovers
5. Thursday--? Hubs in charge
6. Friday--? Hubs in charge
7. Saturday--? Hubs in charge

What needs buying for this menu? Nothing.  I don't plan on grocery shopping this week(except maybe while I am on the way to Virginia to see son and brother). Not much of a menu either(at least nothing inventive or exciting)as I am leaving town so am leaving some leftovers for the men folk to eat up.  Aren't I helpful? lol

What's left on my master list of meals we can make from what's here...........
* Shrimp Tempura
* Tuna Casserole
* Roasted Chicken
* Shrimp/Crab Ravioli
* Cheese Ravioli
* Spaghetti and Meatballs
* Breakfast for Dinner
* Grilled Chicken  new
* Grilled Steak  new
* Haddock Fish Dinner  new
* Chicken Tenders  new
* Beef Liver  new
Plus lots of thinly sliced Chicken Breast, grass fed Ground Beef and Ground Turkey in the freezer.

I've told Hubs to make lots of pasta and tomato based sauce while I am gone to VA since he could live off of that and I really can't eat tomato based foods much anymore.

I really need to redo this list once I go through the freezer again the end of June and inventory.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy

8 comments:

  1. When I get soup from the Chinese restaurant I order the Hot and Sour, which really isn't hot here, but I like it, so that's what I get. Have a safe trip to see your brother this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not aware of anything like an Ollie's aorund here, but now I'm starting to feel like I oculd be a bit adventurous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We finished the last of the spaghetti for lunch so now it’s my giant pot of “Indian food” (bunch of veg, tofu and jar of curry sauce) for a while. Another large bowl of pasta salad and sandwiches should cover the rest of the week. Maybe some sweet potato fries or dirt and weeds one night if I’m feeling fancy. 😉

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ollies is an interesting place to go, though I have not been in a while. I am still distancing and the crowds there are gigantic every time I drive by. Too many folks, even though I am all suited up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eating lots of soup here which I love, uses up the sad veggies. DD made a big batch of beef& bean chilli and trying hard to from the freezer first this month. hope your trip goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We ate out just about every night because the kitchen is being painted and dh had everything covered with tarps since we just had the cabinets refinished. Painting (in that room) is done, so back to cooking. Tonight we are having ribs on the bbq and salad - we are back in the 90's so LOTS of bbq outside and crockpot dishes this week.

    Sue L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When someone goes shopping he stops to see what's on sale via some sort of app sometimes we get things that way.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.