Friday, May 8, 2020

Frugal Friday......The May 7th Edition

Not a lot frugal around here this past week if you don't count not going anywhere. lolz  We worked in the yard 2 days and have plans to expand our garden this year....more on that later.
Our county's stay at home order expired so the assholes in charge here extended ours to June 4th.
Because of the moron town South of us in our county(where half of all the county's cases are located) we'll never get the ok to open up again. sigh.
I tell ya there will be both a lot of babies born around the beginning of 2021 and a lot of divorces(plus a few murders sprinkled into the statistics here).  Thank goodness it's not the dead of Winter here so at least folks can get out in their yards and away from their families. lolz

Here's the frugal in my World lately...........

* I got out my leftover seeds and we went to our favorite plant nursery to pick up plants we needed.

We got a few veggie plants(things I won't plant from seeds)plus some ornamental and flowers.

* I found money!
Since we were at the greenhouse near the Amish Surplus Outlet we went there too.


I found this penny by the checkout.

* And speaking of the Surplus Outlet--we got a few things there.  Some of the better deals are pictured below.........

big jar of Yuban coffee $4.99
2 bags of whole bean 8 o'clock coffee for $1.99 each
2 lb. bag of rice for .89¢
3 large cans of tomato paste for .99¢ each
2 cans of tomato soup for .50¢ each
1 loaf of PF bread for $1.00
1 bottle of Kranch(ketchup/ranch)for ExCB $1.19
1 box of Melba Toast for .79¢
1 bottle of veggie oil for $2.99(not a great buy but I was out so yah)

Also bought but not pictured were 4 Oikos yogurt drinks(for ExCB) .25¢ each, a huge bag of frozen Birdseye broccoli florets for $3.19, 2+ lb bag of chicken tenders, haddock fillets at $3.49 lb., a lb. of roast beef deli meat for $3.50, a head of lettuce for .99¢, large clamshell of butter lettuce for $1.49 and a box of 4 Smithfield sausage biscuits for $2.59 for Hubs.


* Hubs "made" dinner on Thursday my shot day when I am not up to cooking meals.  He used a Domino's gift card AND I had enough points to get a free pizza too, so we only used the gift card for 2 of the pies(we each get a med. pizza-so we can get the toppings we each like and then use it for other meals-except Ex-College Boy who usually eats his whole pizza within 24 hours of buying it. lol)

* My specialty pharmacy that my insurance provider forces me to use to fill my Humira Rx screwed up again.
I'm suppose to be charged $5 per Rx w/my co-pay card from the manufacturer but they charged me $50 again, like they screwed it up in March.  I called them right away that day it was ordered and supposedly they fixed it.  Got the Rx in the mail and the paperwork and NOPE!, they took $50 out of our HSA for it.  Which meant another call to the specialty pharmacy and I'm crossing my fingers they actually FIX their screw up this time.
That same day I got a letter that the reg. arm of this mail order pharmacy wants me to transfer my maintenance/regular meds to them to fill.
Um, hell NO!  If you can't fill this one drug and charge me the proper amount why on earth would I want you handling any of my other Rxs??!
Ass hats...


* Our only nephew's birthday was May 4th and I haven't been out to Dollar Tree in ages so I didn't have a card for him.  We had picked up single serve Edward's pies for .50¢ each at Surplus Outlet that day and his fav is Key Lime so I donned a mask, threw Chester in the car and went over to his apartment that evening with a bag of those free grain-free chips(he likes that sort of thing)and a pie.
I stood at his door and sang "Happy Birthday' and handed him the bag of goodies.  We talked while social distancing.  He's an essential worker but it's been hard on him not socializing outside of work and living alone now.  I know he's rather have been chatting with one of his friends instead of his unhip Aunt but it's the best I could do for him. ;-)  And he appreciated the pie as nobody else makes him birthday cakes(usually I make him cupcakes or a cake).

That's about all from here.  No Rite-Aid trips this week. 8-(


What frugal wins did y'all have this week?

Sluggy

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Move along nose picker...

      Delete
    2. sad no rite aid trips this week and you even used your own sad face??????

      WTF is RIGHT??? Man that's harsh!

      Delete
    3. Well when you post as Anonymous and leave a one word comment that can be taken so many ways, what do you expect, especially after the week I've just had? lolz

      Delete
    4. I guess I expect a normal response not a disproportionate freak out. No wonder people give you a hard time. SMH.

      Delete
    5. I am sorry for the nose picker comment. I saw anonymous and got angry because of the negative crap that has been going on. Here and many other blogs.

      Delete
    6. Come on sluggy! I enjoy your blog! Please don’t let negative comments and those who stoop to name calling of others take over and get you down. Keep up the great content! Please!

      Delete
  2. Lowe's had their unwatered plants on sale. I found two squash plants for $1 each. I brought them home and watered them. Now, I don't have to grow from seed or pay the over-$4 plants. I transplanted one and the other is doing just fine. I love plants that got no water at the nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did the moron town to the south do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not wearing masks, not staying home, not gathering in large groups, etc.
      Large population there came from NYC after 911 and they travel back and forth all the time there, bringing new infection here.

      Delete
  4. Hi Sluggy, Live in Pa. Agree totally with how things are being handled. I think they could do more openings but our governor I think will make us the last to get back to normal. Stressed and disappointed over entire situation. Have a great day. Joyce of Pa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally went to the grocery store for the first time in two weeks. Also recycled an old mattress instead of paying for the dump. Still working from home so that’s it for the week.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are a number of stores/restaurants here in Columbus OH selling gift cards for buy 1 get one half off or BOGO. I can't help but think it's a gamble. I want to support them and get a deal, but will they even reopen or be able to stay open with such restrictions on capacity?

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.