Monday, January 21, 2019

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Can You Tell Any Difference?!" Edition.........

Last Monday......

This morning..........


   
Doesn't look like much was taken out during the week but some did leave.  It's a bit more organized too.

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

This is what was planned--

1. Sunday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches, leftover veggies
2. Monday--Leftover Buffet
3. Tuesday--Chicken and Dumplings
4. Wednesday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Salad
5. Thursday--Catfish Fillets, Cole Slaw, Veggie TBD
6. Friday--Lemon Chicken w/Couscous, Spinach and Carrots
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches, leftover veggies
2. Monday--Leftover Buffet
3. Tuesday--Chicken and Dumplings
4. Wednesday--TV Dinners and Leftovers
5. Thursday--Lemon Chicken w/Barley, Spinach and Carrots
6. Friday--Birthday Dinner Out 8-)))
7. Saturday--Leftovers(Chicken and Dumplings)

Last week saw 4 nights of home cooked dinners, 2 night of leftovers/fend for yourself, 1 night of Eating Out/Take-Out.  

What got put into the freezer last week.....
* 2 packs of panko breaded pork
* 7 TV dinners
* 1 bag of meatballs

What got taken out of the freezer and used last week.......
* 2 packs of panko breaded pork
* a whole chicken
* 3 TV dinners
* 1 pack of BSCB

 A couple of grocery trips.....2 smallish trips to Weis($14.47/$24.36)and Walmart($12.22) and a couple things bought at Big Lots that were food($2.25)brought the weekly food spending to $53.30 and brought the January monthly total to $198.60 so far.
I have 10 days left in my shopping month for January.

My savings percentage last week was 48.02%(without Rite-Aid trips)and January's monthly savings total so far comes to 49.76%(w/out R-A).  We are under 50% savings for the month...ah well, what can ya do?  ;-)

Leftovers going into this week....some breaded shrimp and clam strips, zuke, sausages, chicken and dumplings, Lemon chicken w/Barley spinach and carrots.  Since no one seems to want the leftover seafood I'll peel the breading off and add it to the dogs' dinners for a couple of nights.


Here's the Knorr meal starter mix I got last month-8 bags for $1 at the Surplus Outlet-the Lemon Chicken Barley meal starter variety.  You add chicken, fresh spinach leaves and carrots.
Note to self.....don't use "rainbow" carrots(the purple ones)as it will turn the whole dish purple. lolz
It tasted good except that the color of the dish didn't "jive" with a lemony flavor. lolz

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--Catfish Piccata, Asiago Rice, Tossed Salad
2. Monday--Daughter is cooking since it's my Birthday day
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--Chicken Fried Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Veggie TBD
5. Thursday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Salad
6. Friday--?
7. Saturday--?

This week will see 4 new meals cooked, 1 night of leftovers/FFY, 0 nights of Take-Out/Eating Out and 2 nights of ?

What needs buying for this menu?  Nothing so far, it depends on what the ? days turn out to be. 8-)

I am going to spend some $$ this week on really inexpensive pantry stock up items so my spending total will top $100 this coming week.  I'd rather take advantage of prices when they are low than keep my January spending lower.  I won't be stocking on frozen foods however because, well...you've seen my chest freezer.  ;-)

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week? 


Sluggy  

3 comments:

  1. I agree totally about spending when prices are low to stock up rather than have a self imposed low budget, just for the sake of having it low. I had decided I wanted to only spend 200 bucks this month, but we have had several super sales so I stocked up also. (Yeah, I even put some crap in the freezer!) Happy Birthday today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sluggy, this is Chris. Happy birthday, and welcome to the over the hill club. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are better off in the long run to stock up with sales like you do. My freezers are stuffed too and I am trying to eat them down some. I can't really see a difference yet either. There are worse problems to have.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.